Pan Those Eyeshadows 2020 Update 8 (3 New Pans + 1 Bonus Pan)

 


        Hey, guys! It's been a while since I last posted. As usual, I have been busy with work and I actually got sickly last month. I had few plans for my August blog posts but it just didn't happen because I needed to rest as much as I can. It was nothing serious or life threatening but I still suffered some pain. I am now well again that is why I am posting again. Anyway, welcome to my little world on the internet where I talk about my project pans, reviews and thoughts on the makeup products I bought and other stuff related to beauty that I wanna talk about. 

       The first half of this round I wasn't much progress since I rolled-on 3 orange-toned eyshadows on my last update and I don't typically wear overly warm eyeshadow looks. At the last week of August, I was able to hit pan on two eyeshadows and the following week I was able to hit on 1 and a bonus pan. In total, I have hit pan on 4 eyeshadows on this update. If you want to know more about these updates, just keep on reading. :)

Focallure Mini Sunrise Palette - Bonbon

          The first eyedshadow I have hit pan si this matte light peach shade from the Focallure Mini Sunrise Palette. As you can see, this is inspired of by the Huda Beauty New Nudes Palette, but their version is more vibrant and versatile (according to the comparison videos I have seen on Youtube). I love this palette and the quality is so prominent you wouldn't not think this is less than Php. The eyeshadow that was picked on this palette is powdery and I have used this to set my eye primer everytime I do my makeup that's why I have hit pan on this so quickly. I only used this 17 times during this project before hitting pan on this. This is fairly new to my collection and I am just happy to get a chance to play and try all of the shades. 

Focallure Tokyo Palette - Koi Pond

         Next eyeshadow that I have hit pan on is from another Focallure palette and it is the Tokyo Palette which I have reviewed last May. The shade that was picked was this matte tangerine shade which was a little challenging since I don't wear warm-toned eyeshadows often. If you know me, you know I love cool tones and smokey eye looks. I cannot believe that I have worn this as a transition shade all through out the month and I am just glad that I was able to pull this off without looking like I have Hepatitis. Hehe! I was about to lose hope that I will be able to hit pan on this before this update but I am so glad that I did. This a nice shade but I got sick of using this every and I feel so relieved that I can finally roll this one out. I have used 27 times during this project before hitting pan on this. Yay!  


          Lastly, I have hit pan on this light shimmer shade with pink shift from the Zoeva En Taupe Palette. If you have seen my previous updates, you know that this palette has been here since March and kept on coming back ever since. I have used this shadow quite a bit before rolling in this to this project that's why I have hit pan pretty quickly as well. It only took me 16 uses to hit pan on this during this project. This shade is lack luster and the pink shift would have been more visible if the pigmentation was there. The concept of this palette is beautiful but the shimmers aren't just there. I this they should reformulate to these shadows because I would buy the updated version of the palette.

          I have 3 eyeshadows that weren't able to make the cut for this update. These are the following:

Careline Dream Catcher  - No. 12

          This dark lavender shade is actually matte with tons of shimmer. I have managed to make a substantial deep but I can't seem to reach the bottom. This is a tiny palette and is inspired by the Anastacia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette but I like the shades in here better. This is a tiny palette and each shadow is less than a gram but it seems that it's taking me while to pan on this. Honestly, this shade looks ashy on my lids that's why I only use this on as an accent color on my lower lash line. I have already used this 17 times as of this update but I am not seeing the pan yet. That's okay because I know this palette will be rolled-out by the next update. 

Colourpop The Zodiac - The Aries

         This The Aries shade is so bad. I only used this 3 times the previous month and haven't touched it again. This has hard pan and the pigmentation isn't just there. This shimmery orange shade but it applies dryly and the color seem to fade away as I apply. This is my  most disliked shadow from this palette and it kinda gives me bad impression to the Colourpop pressed eyeshadows. This is my only palette from the brand and I am not having a good time. I tried using as an accent eyeliner but it hardly shows up. I might take a while before hitting pan on or  I might consider giving this a special rule where roll this out once I hit the usage of 30 time. What do you guys think? 

I Heart Revolution Salted Caramel - No. 10

          This matte burnt orange had a great usage it's just that the pan is a little hard and I actually focused on Koi Pond as my transition shade rather than this one. I used both of the shadows on my crease but this shadow doesn't pick much on the brush. Since I have hit pan on Koi Pond, I can now focus on this as my transition shade. I have used this 27 times already but it looks like I only used it like 10 times. I am hoping to hit pan on this by the next update. 

I Heart Revolution Salted Caramel - No. 6 (??)

          I may not have hit pan on that matte burnt orange shade, but I have hit pan on this matte warm brown with silver glitters. I have paired this with the two orange shadows and used this to smoke out my outer-v on most times. I love this palette so much and it still smells like chocolate even if I had this for 2 years already. If you are looking for an affordable neutral palette, you should try this one. :)

         I have hit pan on 3 shadows and it means that I got to roll-in 3 new shadows. I have randomly generated the following:

Focallure Perth - Mount Eliza

         It seems that Focallure doesn't ever wanna leave this project. There's always a Focallure palette that's being rolled-in everytime I generate shadows. This time, I have picked a matte warm brown that leans more orange, which I think is a perfect pair for the matte burnt orange for the Salted Caramel Palette. Since I have panned an eyeshadow of the same formula before, I know that I would take over 20 uses before I hit pan on this shadow. This is pigmented and I wouldn't need much to get a vivid color pay-off. I'll see about that since this a much wearable shade than the tangerine I just panned. 

Zoeva En Taupe - Old Master

           As I said earlier, this Zoeva En Taupe Palette doesn't wanna leave this project as well. I have already panned 4 eyeshadows in this, exclusively just in this project, and now I'm on my way to my 5th shade. For this round, I have generated this matte purplish taupe shade with gold glitters which I have already used quite a bit and I have made a dip. I think I will hit pan on this soon and pretty much sure about that. 

BH Cosmetics Zodiac - Gemini (metal/shimmer)

          Lastly, I have generated this Gemini metallic silver shade which doesn't quite fit the theme of this round's color story. This palette is the newest addition to my collection and it was my wish to roll this in so that I could play this with with the Colourpop The Zodiac Palette and make some sort of a series. This so pigmented and I don't know when will I hit pan on this. I really don't mind since I would like to use this palette more. 


          This is the color story for Round 8. This is really similar to my last color story with the oranges and dark lavenders which an unusual pairing for me. I'll try to make a a look out of these shades since I am that stubborn and I'll try to reach my goals as much as possible. 


          This is my update for the previous round and I think I made a pretty good job. I am planning to end this project on November since I started this last year November and I plan on taking a break on December and just play with my palettes without pressure. I hope you enjoyed this update and stay tuned for the next update. If you follow my blog, I would be so grateful. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a nice day. Stay safe. 

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Great to see so much pans😍. I was eyeing the MUR Salted Caramel palette but at the end never bought it 😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Salted Caramel is my Top 2 Eyeshadow Palette. I love how various neutral and smokey looks I can create with it because the shadows are a mix of cool and warm tone shades. The shimmers are so pretty, especially the shimmery bronze shadow. If love neutral shadows, you will like this palette. :)

      Delete