New Release: Limited Edition Focallure Tokyo Palette (Review + Swatches)



         Focallure Beauty has recently released this limited addition Tokyo Palette as part of their Go-To Travel Palettes. This palette is inspired by the infamous Sakura plant from the country of Japan and it contains various shades of pink, some yellows, mauves, oranges and a super cute petal-shaped pressed glitter. The palette has this softer tones which perfect for Spring and I know most of you will love this palette. I have used all of the shades and I can say that there are some major improvements in this formula which so amazing since it is a little expensive for its cute size. If you are interested on my experiences and verdict on this palette, just keep on reading. :)


         If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I have previously reviewed the Focallure Perth Palette which also a part of their Go-To collection release last year around June. Just like what I have said from that post, this is quite expensive compared from their larger palettes but it still worth the price since they put so much detail on the packaging; from the design, the sturdiness of the packaging which includes a mirror, to securing the box by doubling the protection. This palette has 15 shades containing various finishes. The mattes and really smooth and easy to blend. The mettalics are so pigmented and easy to apply. Unlike the previous formula, these metallic shades are easily picked up by brush and doesn't need a lot to achieve good pay-off. This also contains two ultra-metallic shades which if perfect as eyeshadow toppers. 


         Most of these shadows have pink undertone but with different variations and color depth. As I have played with these shadows more and more, I have realized that they are different enough from each other and it does't feel repetitive at all. I also love the fact that they included two cool-toned shades which feels a little random but nice for a variety. Like most Focallure eyeshadow palettes, this one also lacks deeper shades  and I find it hard to create looks for night time. I live more smokey looks and they are my favorite type of eye looks to create and liking this palette despite of it lacking deeper tones is saying something. I don't wear these types of shades on everyday basis but I am loving the girly vibes these shadows for far and I am learning to enjoy warm eyeshadows because of this brand.


          I apologize for the quality of these pictures, I am still trying to figure out how to take good quality pictures with new Huawei phone. These shadows are stunning in person and metallics shades are to die for. They are so soft, easy to blend, pigmented and lasts for a long time with a good primer. I have used all of the shades in this palette except for Hanami, the pretty pressed glitter shades, since I don't to look to extra at work. I will find an opportunity to incorporate this glitter shadow on one of my looks whenever I have one. For this post, I will be sharing three looks that I have created from this palette. These are the following:


          This first look gives me Spring Barbie vibes. I used Sake (matte 4 pink tone) as transition shade, Ramen (matte mauve) on my outer-v, Petal (ultra-metallic silver) on my lids and Kimono (ultra-metallic pink nude) as inner corner highlight. I was drawn to Ramen first but I was kind of disappointed that it isn't deep enough to be a true mauve because it looks like a perfect mauve shade. Petal is kind of sheer but still looks pretty all over the lids. I love this look and will try to perfect it the next time I do this.


          For this second look, I wanted to explore with the yellow-toned shades. I used Sashimi (matte coral) as transition shade, Euno Park (matte burnt sienna) on the crease and outer-v, Koi Pond (matte sunset orange) all over the lids, and Dango (metallic golden copper) on inner half of the lids.  I thought that Euno Park is a brown matte with yellow undertone but it looks red on the eyelids. Koi Pond is a neutral yellow and it comes off so subtle on my lids. I thought it would be a nice custard yellow shade. I want to use this again all over the lids without using the pink shade to see if would come off more yellow on my eyes. Dango is such pretty shade and I want to explore this shade more. 

     
          For this third look, I created a red monotone look using only two shades from this palette. I used Sushi (matte burnt umber) on the crease and outer-v and Tokyo Tower (metallic reddish brown) all over the lids. Sushi is such a gorgeous deep red-toned shade to use as on a one shadow look. It so soft, blendable and can be built up for a smokey look. Tokyo Tower is also gorgeous metallic red-tone shade that looks good on my brown eyes. This is my favorite look and these are my favorite shades from this palette. 

          I also made a fourth look but I didn't take pictures because I felt lazy that day. Haha! I centred that look on a metallic bronze shade from this palette. I used Bloom (semi-matte pink with gold glitter) as transition shade, Fuji (matte dusty rose) on my crease and outer-v, and Tempura (metallic copper bronze) all over the lids. It was a pretty warm eyeshadow look and I liked it. I also remember using Sakura (semi-matte pink with silver glitter) on my crease when I recreated the first look I made.

        If you like soft, girly pink shadows, I think you would love this palette. It easy to fit in makeup bags if you want to travel with this palette. If you have the other palettes from this collection, I really think that you will find similar shades from this palette. Is this palette a necessity? Definitely, not. You already have these shades from your warm-toned palettes. This is not the most unique palette but it looks so pretty and has a greater quality from their previous go-to palettes. You can use some of these matte shadows as blush if you have light to medium skin tones. Overall, I think this palette is a nice addition to my growing eyeshadow palette collection. As I have said, liking warm-toned eyeshadows when you are cool-toned eyeshadow lover is saying something. For the price of Php 480, I think it worth it.

          I hope you find this post helpful in deciding if you want to buy this palette or not. I have also purchased a smaller from this brand and will feature it soon on this blog. Please stay safe always and thank you so much for stopping buy. Have a nice day. 

You May Also Like

1 Comments