Moira Cosmetics Magic Dreaming Pressed Pigments Palette (Review + Swatches)

by - 11:21 AM

 




          Hey, everyone! Oh my gosh! It's been a long time since I posted here. This year has been pretty crazy. A lot of changes on my personal life and I have been travelling a lot for work. Despite being busy, I kept doing my Project Pans and buying so much makeup. You have no idea how much eyeshadow palettes I bought since the year start. Geez! I missed doing blogs and so I decided to start posting again. I hope I'll be consistent again. :)


        I have been eyeing some Moira Beauty eyeshadow palettes since last year and I finally got a chance to try a couple of them this year. My first purchase from the brand is the Magic Dreaming Eyeshadow Palette which came from their Moiraland Series. It's a carnival-themed collection consisting of two colorful pressed pigments palette. The palette that I got consists of blues, greens, purples and some neutral shades  leaning on the darker side which are perfect for me since I really love doing smokey eye looks. The other palette is more on pastel, bright and loud shades which is good since there are options for everyone. 

         Upon opening the packaging, there are are three Moiraland carnival tickets awaiting for you. The are so dedicated in making this collection feel like carnival-like, truly magical! There's a plastic protection sheet that covers the shadows with carnival-themed prints. The palette is bulky and heavy, which usually annoys me, but this one is not bothersome. I think this one could still be brought on travels without taking so much space. The mirror has the ticket print which I think is the for the aesthetic but still usable for doing eye looks. 


         The most unbelievable thing about this brand is their ability to create eye-catching designs and the attention to detail on packaging and palettes but still being sold for affordable prices. Like, how? This a US makeup brand but their products are being produced in China. Maybe that's the reason they are affordable? Anyway, upon receiving this palette, my jaw dropped because it feels heavy and luxurious. From the front, to the back, to all the sides of the box, everything has details and some are embossed.  The box alone feels like $10 for me. I'm never throwing away this packaging, I swear! But you would believe that this palette only costs $18.50? 

Please click the picture for a clearer view.

          This palette contains 10 pressed pigments and 5 pressed eyeshadows. As we know, pressed may caused staining on the eyelids but so far, I haven't experienced anything. I have no issues with these shadows and pigments. The mattes are pigmented, smooth, buildable and easy to blend. The shimmers have this cream to powder finish and some of them have this sparkly and glittery effect. They stay on the lids all throughout the day with a little creasing, but all is well with a good quality eyeshadow primer. Each shade has carnival-themed object pressed which is incredible since this costs a lot of money to produce. 


          This palette consists of colorful shades such as blues, greens, purples and some neutrals to balance the color story. So, let's talk about the each one of them.
  •  Midnight Fun (pressed pigment) - matte lavender shade perfect as transition shade or overall lid shade. A standard shade for creating blue/purple looks. I'm just impressed with the color pay-off.
  • Mood (pressed eyeshadow) - shimmer pastel mint green shade which is really gorgeous on the inner corners. I created a look with the neutral shades and this on the lower lash line and inner corners. A really nice accent shade. I would also love to pair this with the matte pastels. Let's see about that.
  • All Mine (pressed pigment) - metallic gunmetal shade that looks so wet. I haven't used this one yet but I would like to pair this with the brown shades to create smokey looks. (My favorite, of course.)
  • Fireworks (pressed pigment) - matte dark blue violet shade that is overly pigmented. I used this on my lower lash line as well and I was surprised on how vivid this shadow is. Easy to blend and isn't patchy. Be careful with using this one, you only need a small amount to created a vivid shade. I think this is one of my favorites from this palette.
  • Carnival (pressed eyeshadow) - metallic dark green shade that I am interested to use on the future. I think this pair well with the brown shadows as well. How I wish there is a middle tone or dark tone green shade on this palette so it can go with this shadow.

On natural light

  • Universal (pressed pigment) - matte sky blue shade that looks so pretty. How do I use this shade? I'm not really into pastel and bright shadows. But I bought this palette since I want to explore using bright eyeshadows. I hope I can incorporate this one on my future looks.
  • Ferris Wheel (pressed eyeshadow) - matte pastel green which I haven't used yet as well. Again, I don't do bright eyeshadows usually but I'm willing to try new things. 
  • It's Magical (pressed pigment) - matte pastel pink shade which I have used to blend with Fireworks. I love that they created a nice gradient and it toned down the vividness of dark violet shade.
  • It's A Date! (pressed eyeshadow) - matte light brown shade with yellow undertone. It's just your basic brown transition shade for warm and neutral skin tones. This buildable and blendable.
  • Sensational (pressed pigment) - metallic muted gold shade that I don't usually use but I think it would really go well with the blues, greens and browns.

Under the sun

  • Adventures (pressed pigment) - metallic dark denim blue with silver that looks sparkly in person. I haven't used this one yet but I think it would be perfect as accent color or eyeliner. I would also want to try this, making a smokey blue eyeshadow look.
  • Best Ever (pressed pigment) - matte beige with pink undertone. It's also a basic transition shade that would go well with the pastels, mauves and browns. I love this shade and I'm happy that this is included in the palette.
  • Dreamland (pressed pigment) - metallic violet shade that looks so wet on the lids. This shades compliments well my brown eyes and perfect to pair with the neutrals and other purples. This so sparkly in person and definitely my favorite from the palette.
  • Yay (pressed eyeshadow) - matte dark brown that is perfect to deepen eye looks. Just your basic dark brown shade but sometimes basic is all we need to complete looks. So blendable and buildable as well.
  • Joy (pressed pigment) - matte mid tone brown shade perfect for a crease shade. Again, just your neutral basic shade but transforms eye looks. This shade is lovely and goes well with the colorful shades.

On flash (the photographer do not know how to operate the camera, obviously)



         This palette is amazing and I haven't experienced any fallouts so far. Theses are hard-pressed, really pigmented and has balanced color combination. I also love that there is no light cream / beige shade because we already have like thousands of that from other palettes. This is a well-curated palette, creating day to night looks, ranging from light to dark shades. This palette is really inspiring for me since everytime I look at this, I create so many color combinations in my head that I want to execute on my looks soon. Overall, I recommend this palette if you want to try this brand as well. This brand is becoming immediately one of my favorites in terms of eyeshadow formulation, considering how affordable the palettes are. Shout out to my favorite shop from Shopee, See You Friday. This is where I bought this palette without paying for the shipping fee (from US). 

          I hope you enjoyed this post and convinced you to try this brand because their products are so underrated. I love supporting indie brands that deliver quality products that doesn't break my bank. I also purchased a green-themed palette from this brand which I feature soon. I hope you stay tuned for that. Thank you so much for stopping by. I will be back soon. Have a good day and stay safe. XOXO

You May Also Like

0 Comments