Moira Beauty Time To Shine Pressed Pigments Palette (Review + Swatches)

 


          Hey, guys! I am back with another eyeshadow palette review and for today's topic, we are gonna talk about the MOIRA Beauty Time To Shine Pressed Pigment Palette. This green is one of the palettes from their Celestial Series where there are 3 more palettes with distinct themes, but I loved this color story the moment saw this that's why I picked up this one. I have been buying a lot green eyeshadow palettes this year and you will definitely see those on the upcoming posts. 🙈


          What I love about this brand is that they put so much detail and attention on ever part of their packaging. The overall presentation of each palette they release is just incredibly detailed and stunning. This my second palette from the brand and I must say their palette releases from this year has improved a lot especially on the shimmer department. Though this palette has still pretty shimmers and easy to work with. If you are interested on a more colorful palette with wet shimmers and metallic, please check my Magic Dream Pressed Pigment Palette review. 

Please click the picture for a clearer view. :)

          I love that this palette contains neutral colors that are perfect for everyday work look but with pops of green eyeshadows. These green shadows are muted and can be built up for intense, smokey green look. The more I use this palette, the more I realized that this is versatile color story. I love how they included a random grey eyeshadow because I can create a cool-toned look, considering that this palette leans on the warmer side. 


         The matte feels like velvet and they are really easy to work with. They blend beautifully and I think that they have better formula than Colourpop. This brand is straightforward when it comes to creating their palettes -  none of that matte with glitters BS or pressed glitter eyeshadow that sometimes feel like a kid's makeup.😆 I don't know, maybe when it come with age, but for a 31-year old I'm not really fond of pressed glitters. Anyway, as I have said, Moira's matte eyeshadows are incredible and maybe one of the best one I have tried from affordable brands. When it comes to their shimmers, they have nice shine, glides on smoothly and not over the top. I have to admit, sometimes I just want a nice shimmer on the lid especially for work. The shimmers can be built up for intensity, though none of the these are sub-par.


          This palette has the perfect balance of shimmers and mattes which is also perfect for travel since I don't have to bring another palette to pair this with. They only thing I don't like about Moira palettes in general is that they are bulky. They take up a lot of space on my travel makeup bag. I get that they want to have aesthetically pleasing palettes, but can they make them travel friendly as well? 😅 


        This palette contains 15 eyeshadows and let's talk about each one. According to the packaging, there are 5 pressed pigments and 10 pressed eyeshadows included in this. Starting from the bottom left, these are the eyeshadows:

💟Limelight (PP) - matte beige pigment that is perfect for setting eyeshadow base or softening hard edges. 
💟Spiced (PP) - beige glitter topper that enhances the shimmer shades. It's really sheer and I'm pretty sure it's meant as a topper. It looks so sparkly on the lids and it's the only shade from this palette that has this kind of formula.
💟Carefree (PE) - matte olive green that make a perfect transition shade on green eyeshadow looks. 
💟It's Time (PE) - shimmer taupe which I used on my lids to create a smokey eyes. Gives such a lovely shine on the lids!
💟All Good (PP) - shimmer gold with green base which I haven't used in a look yet. This shade is really beautiful and I think if this paired with the green mattes, it will pop even more.


💟Dare (PE)  - matte warm brown that is essential for most neutral palettes that serves as a crease shade. I loved using this and I think it made my brown eyes pop. 
💟 Happy Soul (PE) - shimmer bronze that is just another essential on neutral palettes. I paired this with Dare and Tempting and it created this bronzy smokey look which I loved.
💟Just In Time (PP) - matte neutral brown that is perfect as a transition shade. 
💟Want (PE) - matte dark green shadow that is really pigmented. I made a green eyeshadow look and I just tapped my brush in this shadow and when I blended on my outer-v, the pigment was screaming. I just love how buildable this shade is.
💟Spotlight (PP) - matte reddish brown pigment which I haven't used yet also. I'm not really into reddish smokey looks but I think I can bear with this shade. 😅


💟Shine Bright (PE) - shimmer taupe brown shade that is more brown toned than It's Time. If it was me, I would exchange for a matte mauve shade instead of this. I think mauve transition shade pull of those reddish brown shades beautifully and would complement well with the green shades.
💟Tempting (PP) - matte dark brown pigment that is easy to blend and is essential in making smokey looks when using this palette. I always love a matte dark brown and I have hit pan a lot on the past.
💟At The Moment (PE) - matte light grey shadow that I didn't expect to show up on my lids. I used this as a transition shade on a cool toned smokey look that I created and I loved how pigmented it is. This has a neutral which made me fell in love with the shadow even more. I don't blue-toned grey shades since they look ashy.
💟Flash (PE) - shimmer lime green which I loved putting all over my lids. This shadow is so gorgeous and makes brown eyes pop. 
💟Signal (PE) - shimmer reddish brown which I haven't used yet. I might create a reddish brown eyeshadow look and post it on Instagram

Swatches on flash 


        The first look I created with this palette is a a grey-themed palette. I used At The Moment as transition shade, Tempting on the crease and outer-V, and It's Time all over the lids and inner lower lash line. I just used 3 shades and I was in love with the simple look I created. 



          Another look I created focused on the green eyeshadows. Just In Time as transition shade, Carefree on the crease, Want on the outer-v and lower lash line, and Flash all over the lids. I also used Spiced as topper shade to make the look pop. I really loved this green look. I have also made a neutral eyeshadow look but I didn't have the time to take a picture. Sorry, my bad. 😅

          Those are my thoughts on this palette and I would love to shoutout Jen Phelps for convincing me to try Moira Beauty. As I have said on my previous post, this brand is becoming one of my favorites since they make gorgeous eyeshadows and they straightforward on the direction of color story they are making. Plus, the attention to detail on every aspect but still maintaining an affordable price is unbeatable. I am so happy to try more indie brands since they are more worth the money than the mainstream brands. I am also happy to share a favorite online shop where I buy these indie makeup, See You Friday, they have great selection of brands I have never tried which they sell for reasonable prices. 

         I hope this post has been helpful and made you convince to try this underrated and slept on indie makeup brand. I am planning to buy another palette from them but I'll still have to decide what color story should I get. Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by and reading this post. Have a nice day and stay safe always. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments