Duping The Huda Beauty Nude Obsessions Light Palette


          Hey, guys! If you have seen my previous post, you know that I tried to dupe the Melt Cosmetics Gemini Palette. I had fun doing it and so now I have also tried to dupe the Huda Beauty Nudes Obsessions Light Palette from my current eyeshadow collection. In all honesty, I don't feel like buying from Huda Beauty at all because they seem so shady; copying marketing strategies, allegedly stealing product ideas and releasing them ahead of companies who originally came up with the ideas, and just the fact that their products are unnecessarily expensive. I have noticed similarities from two palettes that I own to a couple of palettes that company has released. The fact that these palettes have been released before the Huda Beauty palettes made me think that they were inspired by the palettes that I am about to mention.


         Way back in the last quarter of 2019, Huda Beauty released 3 9-pan palettes that are definitely similar to their larger palettes. These are the fairly new Nude Obsessions eyeshadow collection which are kind of the mini versions of their larger palettes. The Light Palette caught my eye because  it contains mauve, pinks, and lavender shades that are redundant in their recent releases. It's like they made the people buy their overly expensive palettes and just a few months later, released mini versions which are still expensive. This company is so repetive.  Ugh!  Anyway, I have noticed that I already own the shades from the Light Palette that's why I did some swatching and realized that people don't need to buy this palette anymore since these are fairly common shades. I stumbled upon this gorgeous photo from @skaanderup95 feauturing the swatches of the said palette.



          I noticed that the Focallure Perth Palette and Sweet As Honey Palette contain shades that are close dupes of the ones from the said palette. I consider these two palettes as sisters since one has more shimmers, metallics and glitter shade while the other has more mattes that are complementary to the former. This Perth palette was released last year around the month of June and I bought this immediately because of the color scheme. As I have said earlier, I noticed that the are shades that can be dupes and these are:


  • HNO Light  - Shade 1 vs. Perth  - Shrimp: This shade is described as matte cool-toned dark mauve. Shrimp is a lighter mauve, but I think if your build this shade on your lids it would achieve a close look.
  • HNO Light  - Shade 7 vs. Perth  - Fremantle: This is a shimmery coral shade. Fremantle is more is a lot darker and more orangey. This definitely not a nude shade, but I still think it would still fit on this color scheme.
  • HNO Light  - Shade 8 vs. Perth  - Vegemite: This is a matte light coral shade.Vegemite is also a light coral but it lacks vibrancy. I really don't mind that since you always build up shadows for opacity. 
  • HNO Light  - Shade 9 vs. Perth  - Mount Eliza: This shade is described as a matte medium warm brown. Mount Eliza is close dupe and shades like these can be found in almost every palette. 



          Some of the shades can be found in this Focallure Sweet As Honey Palette. This palette was released last quarter of 2018. When the Huda Beauty Retrograde Palette was release, I can't help but think that it was inspired by this palette. This palette has more muted matte shades and popping shimmers, and the Retrograde Palette has more of pop of colors. It's like they took inspiration from the color scheme of this palette and tweaked some shades so it won't look so similar. I know Focallure is known for duping makeup products and selling those for affordable prices, but since Huda Beauty is such a shady company and I love this palette, I am gonna be shady too. I think that they took inspiration from this palette. My mind can't be changed. 

          This is a sister palette of the Perth Palette and some of the shades from the Light Palette can be found here as well. These are the following: 


  • HNO Light  - Shade 2 vs. Perth  - Witchcraft: This shade looks different in some lightings and angles. Basing from the photo I found. this shade looks like a pinky purple shimmer. Witchcraft has darker base but I think it still has that pinky purple vibes. I have worn this shade a few times on my lids and I fell in love everytime. This gives me that classic Barbie inspired makeup look. 
  • HNO Light  - Shade 3 vs. Perth  - Pale Chesnut: This is described as a matte medium pink shade. I don't have this particular shade but Pale Chesnut is  lighter mauve and I think it is a good replacement. This looks lighter on the lids and it is a good transition shade for mauve and pink eyeshadow looks.
  • HNO Light  - Shade 4 vs. Perth  - Pure Copper: This is a metallic medium brown shade. Pure Copper is a little bit warmer but I think it isn't really much of a difference once applied on the lids.
  • HNO Light  - Shade 1 vs. Perth  - Cosmic Latte: It's a matte beige shadow that is common to most eyeshadow palettes. I realized that I should have chosen Desert Sand instead of Cosmic Latte since the latter is deeper. Anyway, it is still a base shade and any shadow like is a replacement.


         Lastly, that lavender with gold shift shade has a dupe I found on the Sleek Oh So Special Palette which is still one of my favorites. This palette was released most probably 10 years earlier before the Light Palette came out. Sleek more likely has the original idea and their shadows have nice pigmentation and texture which is consistent through the years. In the Oh So Special, the shade is called Gateau and is lovely all over the lids. If you have this palette, don't buy the Huda Beauty one anymore because they are the same. Save your money, people.    



          What did you think of my dupes, guys? I know mine is a lot warmer and darker, but I prefer this color palette than the one from Huda Beauty. These three palettes are cheaper combined compared to the Huda Beauty palette. Are they insane? Why is a 9-pan palette $37 dollars? That's a total scam. I know I sound so hateful but I am really just not buying the bullshit that some of these so-called "high-end" brands have. If you are like me who doesn't want to waste so much money on makeup that would definitely expire in a couple of year, definitely shop your stash and hunt for some dupes. 

        I had fun doing these type of posts and searching for dupes that I already have on my collection. I might do another one soon since I determined in helping you save money and buy affordable alternatives. These are mad times and we better save our money for necessities, not wants and vices. I hope you enjoyed this post and I have lots of posts that you can read as well while your are on quarantine. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day. Stay safe. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments