Focallure Matte Lipsticks (Kit 2 + Shade 09) Review


        Hey, guys! How are you? I hope you are all safe and still participating in the quarantine. As for me, I have to work since I am a government employee assigned under a social work department. I am kind of happy about that since I can wear makeup and have progress on my project pans, but I am also kind of worried for my health since I'll be exposed to people. Anyway, I'll be sharing with you today my thoughts about the Focallure Matte Lipsticks, the ones that look like chubby pencils. I have reviewed several Focallure makeup products in the past year and I like all of them. If you are interested on what I think about these lipsticks, just keep on reading. 

From left to right: Nude Desert, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Chesnut

         The first three I am about to talk are the ones that are included in the Kit 2 which contains nude shades. I love that this set contains all-nude shades but are distinct from each other. These feel like regular lipsticks but improved; opaque, creamy, thick and smooth. These are long lasting until you eat, like any regular bullet lipstick, which is actually fine since you can always re-apply. These feel so comfortable on the lips and they glide on smoothly. All of these have the same consistency and smell like chocolate-ish.

12 Chesnut


          Chesnut is the darker nude in this kit and is perfect for work makeup. This pairs really well with smokey eyes that I always do since the neutral tone balances the rest of the makeup on my face. This has a hint of orange, just a little bit, and I think it would suit a lot of skin tones since it is opaque and covers my dark lips. I have applied lip balm underneath this lipstick but this is good on its own.


08 Fuzzy Wuzzy
    


          This nude pink shade is so pretty and I know a lot of you will like this particular lipstick. I love how I can pair these with smokey and light eyeshadow looks. This is also suitable for everyday wear at work or school. It doesn't make me look dead, which is really important in formulating nude lipsticks, by the way.

I looked tired from work. 
11 Nude Desert

         Now, this Nude Desert lipstick is the best example of a perfect nude shade. It so light, barely there, but somehow doesn't make me look dead. This is the shade that will best  pair with those dark smokey looks. If you looking for the best nude lipstick, grab this one. This is the lipstick that made me say this is really thick and pigmented; it covered my dark lips with 2 layers. It doesn't look patchy on the lips even without a lip balm.

I am sorry for the bad lighting. It looks prettier on person.
          If you love nude lipsticks and are looking for affordable options with good quality, purchase this kit. If you just want a particular shade, you can buy separately at the Focallure Shopee Official Store. They are currently selling the kit for Php 176, and Php 60 for individual shades. I think the kit is such a better deal. You regret getting it, I promise.:)

09 Rose Taupe


         Lastly, I would like to mention this dark warm brown lipstick that looks so grungy and my most used out of the four that I own. I always pair this with smokey looks and I love the kind of edgy, bad bitch, and grungy feeling it gives me. If you love brown lipsticks, I think that you will love this as well. 


        As you can see, I love nudes and brown lipsticks. They are my favorites and I think I will gravitate towards them for a really long time. These lipsticks are worth the money since they have great quality, which I didn't expect because of the affordable. I thought that these will be just my regular lipstick, but they are actually better. I love that the consistency is the same on all of these and they don't smell cheap at all. I would totally recommend this to all of you since they have a great selection of shades and I am pretty sure you can find one that suits your taste more.

        Do you own these lipsticks as well? What are your thoughts and experiences? Please share those with us by leaving a comment. I hope you enjoyed this post because I enjoyed testing these out and collecting my thoughts and experiences for me to share with you. I am always happy to share with you my affordable makeup finds and there are more posts to come. Thank you so much for stopping by. Stay safe. Have a nice day.


You May Also Like

0 Comments