Duping The Melt Gemini Palette feat. IMAGIC High Heels Palette


         Hey, guys! How are you? I hope you are all safe and doing the quarantine because this virus is not a joke at all. Please take care and do what's necessary so the virus would stop spreading and pray that we could go back to our normal lives soon. I am currently working from home since I can't get out of my town and I am kind of getting bored. I already miss going out and wearing makeup.

         For today's post, I am going to talk about a palette that I feel like was inspired by the Melt Gemini Palette which was released I think last 2018. This palette became famous immediately because it has the unique and eye-catching combination of mustard and green eyeshadows and give off grungy makeup looks. To be honest, it caught my eye too, I  just don't want to pay 58 dollars for a 10-pan eyeshadow palette. This even expensive than a Jeffree Star Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes. Why is this so epensive?



         I purchased this IMAGIC High Heels palette last year November because I was so drawn with the color scheme since I really love green eyeshadows especially the olive ones. The Tango shade (matte olive) was the one that caught my eye, the one that I fell in love immediately, and so I ordered it without second thoughts. Then, I realized that this palette seems so familiar, like I have seen this before. I remembered that the Gemini Palette has the same vibe and I realized  that High Heels was  inspired by this palette. I can't call High Heels an exact dupe because some of the shades have different finishes and a couple of colors were not included on the palette.


          To refresh my memory, I went to Instagram and browsed for the swatches of the Gemini Palette and I saw this post from @lizddagerbeauty. Basing from the photo above, I can tell that some of the shades from the High Heels Palette are close enough to be dupes, while tothers are different because they made a different finish. I don't have the Melt one so I did my best to compare my palette based from the picture and selected the shades to swatch to see if I can recreate the vibe. Obviously, the Melt palette has a greater quality; so pigmented, vibrant, and seems like has a buttery texture. IMAGIC has a nice quality too, but I needed to layer the eyeshadows a few time to mimic the opacity that the Melt has. 

On a natural light
         I tried to select the eyeshadows that are close to the original palettes and these are the following:
  • Gemini -Luna (matte honey beige) vs High Heels - Cake:  They look pretty close, and that isn't a big deal since both will be used as a brow bone highlight or to set the eyeshadow primer. 
  • Gemini -Gemini (vermillion duo chrome with gold shift) vs High Heels - Gem + Gift: There isn't a gold duo chrome shade on the palette so I layered Gem with Gift. I think they look similar enough.
  • Gemini - Lorelei (matte mustard) vs High Heels - Lucky: This shade is lighter than Lorelei, but I think they will look similar on the eyes. If you use Lorelei lightly, I think it wouldn't be much different than Lucky.
  •  Gemini - Polkadot (matte warm tawny brown) vs  Beauty Glazed Lemon - Shade No. 9:  Since I can't anything to dupe from the palette, I pulled out my Beauty Glazed palette and I found a close dupe. This such a common warm brown shade and you can find a lot of these from your collection. 
Under the sunlight
  • Gemini - Cupcake (matte true brown) vs High Heels - Grow: Basing from the picture, I think this is an exact dupe. The swatch looks lighter, but in the eyelids it looks deep.
  • Gemini - Bonnie (matte black) vs Any pigmented black eyeshadow: Honestly, it's not even a big deal if the black eyeshadow isn't included in the palette. I have several matte black eyeshadows from my other palettes
  • Gemini - Leo (matte army green) vs High Heels - High Heels: The army green from this palette is in a metallic finish. I don't have any shades similar to Leo so High Heel would do. 
  • Gemini - Fire OG (matte olive green) vs High Heels - Tango: This is a spot on dupe! I know it looks lighter on swatch, but if your build this up, you will get the same vibrancy of the Fire OG. This shade is so unique for me and I am so happy they made this.
  • Gemini - Goalz (metallic lime green) vs High Heels - Elf: This is more of like a topper shade but still looks luminescent on the lids. This is my favorite shade in this palette and I prefer to have this than Goalz. 
  • Gemini - Mochi (matte olive mustard) vs High Heels - Desire: I just wish that aside from Desire, they also made a matte shade similar to Mochi. Desire looks so pretty as an inner highlight shade and I am glad to have this on this palette. I just wish there are more green matte shades included.


         Obviously, this palette has more shades and you can create so much more looks than the Gemini Palette. This is not a spot on dupe of the Gemini Palette, but it has the same vibes and you can recreate that olive green smokey look using this palette. I bought this from Shopee, from the IMAGIC Official Store, which came from China. I know it is not a great time to buy from them since we don't want to risk accumulating the virus, maybe we can wait till we can safely ship products from China again. 

          I still have to play with this palette more in order for me to do an in-depth review. This post wast intended for duping the Gemini Palette, rather than reviewing this palette. I just wanted to do a relaxing content to make and share with you. I hope you find this post helpful as I aim to share affordable makeup alternative I find. I have so much makeup products to share and review and I hope I have the time to post them soon. Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a nice day. Stay safe always. 

You May Also Like

0 Comments