Focallure Tropical Vacation Palette Review

by - 10:41 PM


          Happy Month of Love, everyone! For today's post, I will talking about this Focallure Tropical Vacation Eyeshadow Palette which has been on the beauty market for a while. Focallure is known brand for their affordable makeup products, especially their eyeshadow palettes, since they have great quality and superb pigmentation for low prices. Since they have an official store on Shopee, I have decided to purchase this palette first and see what the rave is all about. I love this palette and now I'm kind of addicted to this brand and I have purchased another one of their palettes, which I be talking on another post, of course.


        Allegedly, this palette is supposed to be a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. You may think that this a straight-up dupe of the mentioned palette, but if you compare them side by side, they aren't exactly similar at all. Unfortunately, I don't have that palette to give you a side by side swatch but I have searched for its picture and found out that they aren't twins at all. There are shades from this palette that are way darker from the original palette and some of them aren't on same tone as well. The original palette has 3 shimmers, this palette has 4 shimmers. I would say that this palette is more likely inspired by the Modern Renaissance Palette than being an exact dupe.


          I have been playing with this palette since last November and I have been reaching out for this almost every week. This palette inspires me to go out of my comfort zones and use warm shadows, especially pinks and reds. If you know me, you know that I love cool tones looks especially smokey eyes for everyday. The packaging is quite nice; it's made of cardboard, the cover matches the color scheme and it's light to travel with. The only thing I question about this palette is the name itself. Why is this called "Tropical Vacation"? The shades on this palette aren't tropical enough, though of some of the shade names fit the name of the palette. 


          The matte eyeshadows in this palette are kind of powdery but are really pigmented. I love how they easily blend and I take my time to slowly build up the colors on my lids since they are pigmented. I love how these shadows do not get muddy when blended together; they do not take away the beauty of each other. As for the metallic shades, I use a flat synthetic brush to apply on my lids as natural hair do not pick them quite well. The trick I have for this problem is wiggle my brush on eyeshadow a few times and pat it on my lids. For maximum impact, I layer the metallic shadows using my fingers. You know metallic shadows, they won't be intense unless you apply them with your fingers. 





          This palette also includes a double-sided brush; a blender on other side a flat shader brush on the other side. This brush is nice but it's kind of small, and so I grab for my other brushes whenever using this palette. I appreciate that they have put a useful brush on this palette instead of a spoolie. Kudos, Focallure!

Swatches:

First row
WAX - matte cream shade with warn undertone
BEACH - matte cream shade with cool undertone
FROST - matte light peach 
TARO - white shimmer
RETRO COPPER - matte light red
MAGENTA - matte burgundy
COFFEE - matte dark brown



Second row
DESERT - mettalic golden bronze
APRICOT - matte medium peach
BRIGHT - pink-gold metallic duo chrome
EMPIRE - mettalic warm brown
MOSCOW - matte taupe brown
CAMEL - matte maroon (more on the red side)
HEAT - matte terracotta






          Here's a simple neutral look that I created using this palette. I have played with the red eyeshadows but I'm planning to do a demo or tutorial on a separate post. 

         I love this palette and I really recommend this to everybody. If you want similar vibes with the ABH Palette but don't want to spend a lot of money, get this palette. You will love it. I hope you liked my post for today. Thank you so much for stopping by. I will talk to you soon. Bye! XOXO

You May Also Like

0 Comments