Jacky & Lauren Cosmetics Rose Gold Highlighter Palette (Swatches & Review)


          Hello! How are you, guys? The past couple of months have been hectic for me, especially last month, since I have traveled to abroad for a short vacation. For today's post, I'm gonna talk about this Jacky and Lauren Cosmetics Rose Gold Highlighter Palette that I got as a Christmas gift last year. I have seen this palette since last year December at Robinson's Department Store and this caught my eye. I have planned on buying this to try and make a review, but my friend gave this to me so I didn't buy one.


          Upon receiving this makeup palette, I have notice that on the back on box it says that are 2 bronzers, 2 blushes and 2 highlighters which got me confused since it clearly says on the lid that it's a highlighter palette. What? These are all shimmer powder products and none these qualifies for a bronzer nor blusher. I know that this a generic brand that was manufactured in China, but can they clear this up so the consumers won't get confused? 

              Anyway, the packaging of this palette is made from plastic; the lid is a transparent plastic material with holographic print, the pans are glued on this dusty mauve plastic base. Each of the highlighter weighs 4.5 grams which makes a total of 27 grams. Not bad for highlighter palette, eh? This palette costs Php 399 and each is around Php 67. The price isn't bad either!


          Most of these shades will suit medium to dark skin tones with warm undertone. I have tested all of these one by one on my cheek bones and they look like subtle glow instead of a blinding highlight. I'm kind of disappointed regarding this matter since I had high hopes that I will blind people with these babies. Haha!


     The formula of this is more of a shimmery highlight, thick consistency, a little bit powdery, and emphasizes pores and fine lines. I think this would look really stunning on people with amazingly flawless skin. I still think that this palette is good since it suits my light warm skin stone and I get to experiment what shade suits well with a certain look that I'm wearing as of the moment. This doesn't last all through out the day on my face but is still is a decent formula though.


           There are 6 shades on this palette; a white, a light pink, a pinky rose gold, a pink with purple shift (yay for unicorn-ish glow!), a more on the gold rose gold, and a golden peach. Haha! I apologize for the horrible shade description, you know I'm not good at this. Haha! Out of the 6, my favorite would be the pinky rose gold shade and it's the one that I always use. That shade is perfect for work and is the one that shows up on my skin.



          I also tried the unicorn-ish shade and it also looks good on my skin. I don't use it everyday though because I don't want to enter our office looking like a unicorn licked my cheeks! Haha! Please forgive my cheesy lines today. :D

            I think that I can mix the white highlight with the darker shades in order for them to show up on my skin. I tried the pink shade but it didn't show up on my skin; it looked like a shimmery muted pink blush. The golden peach shade also looks subtle on my skin. I told you guys, this palette if for the medium to dark skin tones. 

Wearing the pinky rose gold highlight

Wearing the golden rose gold (LOL!)


          Here's a picture of my niece wearing that golden rose gold highlight. She has a medium skin tone and it looks good on her! I did her makeup when we modeled for the gowns we currently have for rent on our mini boutique. I did not shave her brows because it looks good on its own. She's just 12 years old but I made her look like 20. Isn't she pretty? <3 p="">

          Do I recommend this palette? First of all, if you have already a lot of highlighters, you don't this one. Although this a limited edition, I don't think that it will add value to a large makeup collection. If you are starting at makeup and and is just practicing, I suggest you should get this palette. I still see this on Robinson's Department Store, so I guess just buy it while the supply lasts. The price point in total isn't that affordable, but if you have to think about it, you are getting 6 shades which costs around Php 67 each. 

         This formula isn't the greatest I have ever tried, but as I said earlier, it's a decent one. You cannot blind people with these if you are expecting for drama. If you are looking for subtle highlighters and you have medium or dark skintone, this is a good palette for you. 

            I hope you enjoyed this post even though it's more chill and chatty than my usual reviews. I am so relaxed right now that I'm feeling a little bit my self this year. I hope this approach won't be bothersome and you would still read my posts. Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by. I will post a mini haul and review regarding a local makeup brand tomorrow. Please stay tuned. Have a great weekend! <3 p="" xoxo="">


You May Also Like

0 Comments