Makeup Products I'm Decluttering 2020



          Hi! How are you guys doing? I am doing great and I am so grateful that me and my family are healthy. For today's post, I decided to share with you the products that I am decluttering and why I am removing them from my makeup collection. I have accumulated a lot of makeup products this year and my drawers and trays are getting full so I picked up some stuff that I don't like anymore or I hate since they are just getting old in my collection untouched. Some these products might be your holy grail, and I totally respect that, but I can't just let them sit on my makeup drawer when I can pass these on to somebody and get used. 

           As a makeup blogger, I always buy things to try and sometimes my drawers are getting full. I am fully aware that some makeup products expire than the others ones and them just sitting on my collection isn't good at all. The products that I am decluttering are still fresh, I haven't used and abused them, that's why I am passing them on to my co-worker's 11-year old daughter. This kid is really really good at doing makeup looks and I am more than happy to share her the stuff that I am no longer using. I always pass on makeup products to her and I am pretty sure that she will like these new set of stuff I am about to give her. 

Vice Cosmetics Aura Glow - Shimmering

          To be honest, I was not impressed with this highlighter when I tried it. This was raved by a lot of Filipino beauty influencers when the collection came out. Its's a nice highlighter but it isn't amazing at all. The texture is a little dry and the thick consistency isn't something I want from a highligter. This feels more like an eyeshadow rather than a skin highlighter. I feel really bad not liking this since I love all of the Vice Cosmetics products that I tried. If I remember correctly, I haven't used this more than 10 times and I have bought this over a year ago. That's a clear sign that I am not touching this anytime soon either and I might as well just pass this on to somebody that would actually use this. 


Ever Bilena Advance Contour Shade and Light Palette

          I appreciate the fact that Ever Bilena always producing consistently new products but I don't like this palette. The highlight shades are so similar and the contour shades are more of bronzers than contour powders. The only powder I liked from this is the first contour shade which I used more as a bronzer. I really don't think that this palette sucks, I just don't like the shades for my light skin tone. They look muddy on me, to be honest. I feel like that this brand are always hit or miss with their face products. If you remembered back in 2018, they also released the Pro Cheek Set (limited edition) and they claimed that it was universal when it really isn't at all. I have bought this just last February and I haven't abused it yet, so I guess I can pass this on to somebody else as well.

REVLON Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen and Triple Edge

          I got this for free when I purchased one of their hair dyes last year. This eyeliner is the worst liquid eyeliner I have tried. It isn't pigmented as opposed to what they have claimed. It's has this watery consistency which creates a mess and kind of leaks on the other parts of my eyelids. Just no. I might just throw this one out because I don't think anyone will have the patience to make this product work. 

AVON Simply Pretty Blush

                   I have bought this last May thinking that this would be a cute pink blush to put on my cheeks. I was wrong; this is so sheer, has barely any pigment, and just a teenager's makeup in general. Again, I will pass this on to Sam because I think she will like this. 

Essence All About Chocolates Eyeshadow Palette

         This eyeshadow palette is old and I am pretty much sure that they make this anymore. Essence eyeshadows are nice but they are so fragile. As you can see from the photo above, the upper left shade is already gone because it just fell from the pan one day and lower middle shade was repressed because it just decided to crack. That's the thing with Essence powder products; they are really good but super fragile. The second shade is my favorite from this palette but I don't want to keep this just for that gorgeous shadow. I am sure that I could find a dupe or similar shade from my collection. 

Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Quad - Silent Treatmemt

          I remember when the Silent Treatment Trio took over the beauty community and everyone was raving about the silver taupe shade. That was an epic moment for the brand until they decided to re-formulate their already bomb eyeshadow formula and replaced it with a "meh" eyeshadows. I was so excited to try this because I was curious to see what that infamous taupe shade looked like and I have never been so underwhelmed with an eyeshadow before. Their original formula for eyeshadows are better than this. For me, this is an "okay" eyeshadow quad and I think there are other cool-toned eyehsadows with similar price range. If you have the Zoeva En Taupe Eyehsadow Palette, you don't need this one. I think that Sam (my officemate's daughter) will love practicing smokey eye looks with this quad. 

Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

          This primer is one of the most raved products from Maybelline and everybody was into this back on the day. To be honest, I don't silicone-based face primers even though I have oily skin. I don't like the feeling that the my skin can't breath and my oils are trapped on my pores. I would rather blot my face a few times a day rather than trapping oils on my face and feels greasy as I apply it on my skin. I also noticed that it didn't blur out any of my pores; the only thing that this blurred out was my interest for it. I don't hate this product, but I don't like it either and I have no problems departing with this. I have given this a fair chance but primers like this are not really for me. 

AVON Simply Pretty Matte Lipstick

          This AVON lipstick has the wost matte formula I have ever tested. It is so not wearable, has that rough patchy texture and just not overall friendly on the lips. I only tried this shade so I don't if the others have the same formula. This one is just a plain no to me. 


L'OREAL Paris Signature Rouge Matte Liquid Lipstick

          This is a cute liquid lipstick but I just don't wear this type of pink anymore. I love nudes and brown lipsick shades. This was a gift from my sister-in-law and I feel guilty not using this more. This is more of a lip tint than a lipstick and I don't such products. I may have used this 3 or 4 times and haven't touched this again. 


Focallure Single Eyeshadow - Feather

          Lastly, I am decluttering this eyeshadow because I just don't use this. I like this color, the formula is easy to work with, and is good overall. I used this once last year and I haven't used it again since then. There is nothing wrong with this eyeshadow, I just don't want this to sit in my collection and never use it again. I got this for free from a purchase and I think that they are not making this anymore. 

          These are the products I am decluttering but I think the title should have been "Products I Hate" because all I did was pretty much complain about the quality and performance of these products. I still have products to declutter and I might post about those using the title I mentioned. Haha! Anyway, I am so happy that I could get rid some of the makeup I don't use anymore and give them a new home. I have so much stuff to post and I hope you stay tuned to read more. Thank you so much for stopping by. I will talk to you soon. Have a nice day. Stay safe. 

You May Also Like

3 Comments