New Local Makeup: Ever Bilena Pro Cheek Set

by - 12:16 PM



          Ever Bilena is a local brand that sells makeup products for affordable price range. It's one of those brands that I bought first when I started wearing makeup (way back in college) and I remember that they don't have a lot of products compared now. I'm happy to see that they continuously stepping up their game and joining the bandwagon of on-trend makeup products. One thing I love about them is that they are also collaborating with celebrities like Kris Aquino but also stay on the attainable price range. Good job, EB!


        A few weeks ago, I saw from a Youtube content creator Kenny Malalad (Filipino Beauty Vlogger) a review on the new EB Pro Cheek Set Palette. I learned from him that this product, and the other products from this line, are exclusive for Robinsons Department Stores and Lazada. Anyway, I was really curious upon seeing the palette from the review and I bought it when I passed by the mentioned mall. I'm amazed that this only Php 189 and even cheaper than the blush/bronzer duo they have from another line. 


The Claims:
    • "Give your skin the appearance of natural radiance with a highlighter, blush and contour in sleek, travel compact."
    • "The color is intensely pigmented yet blend beautifully." 
    • "The shades are versatile for any skin tone."              

My initial impressions:
  • I love that the packaging is sleek because it is perfect for travelling
  • Two thumbs up for being paraben-free and cruelty free
  • The shelf life realistic  - most of powder face products take time to finish and this gives us 24 months
  • Versatile for all skin tones?? Really?
  • Intensely pigmented????? So I need to use it lightly then

         Upon swatching this unto my wrist, I'm kinda underwhelmed. I thought that these were supposed to be intensely pigmented and are versatile to all skin tones. They are looked subtle on the swatch and highly doubted that they could cater all skin tones. The product themselves are powdery and I barely saw pigment. 



          To be honest, I wasn't expecting a blinding highlight considering the price but this is barely a highlight. This actually a sheen - a sheen that is most probably will look nice on fair and light skin tones. I suspect that this highlight will not compliment on darker skin tones since it will look like a white streak on the cheek bones instead of highlight. 


          The blush from this palette seems to be disappointing as well; it looks lighter on skin and isn't that "intensely pigmented" at all. At the pan, it looked like neutral, muted pink that will look good on most skin tones. The truth is, it isn't. It looks like a light pink flush on my cheeks. I need to re-apple twice in order for the product to show up. Again, I highly doubt this will be visible on darker skin tone. 


          The contour is my favorite part of the palette! I love that this has neutral undertone yet still compliments my light skin tone with warm undertone. This shade kinda reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer; it is neutral and looks good on all skin tones. I know this is supposed to be contour but this is also good as a bronzer. As you can see from the picture, I've already made a large dent.



           As you can see from the pictures, the products are barely visible on my skin. The highlight looks like a healthy sheen, the blush looks like a pink flush and the contour looks so natural. I love how these products look on my skin but they are almost total opposites to what they claim. I know I should be considerate with the price, but the claims drag this palette down. I'm grateful to Ever Bilena that they created affordable products but this just doesn't do what it claims.


    
          My heart is torn between this product because I like on my skin, but I cannot recommend it on everybody. I love that this is easy to use and it aims to help people to look professionally done because we barely see that on the local market. If they could expand their shade range, that would be great. I apologize for being brutal in the middle of the rave, but this just doesn't work for everybody. 

My Final Thoughts:

  • I love that this is affordable and fits the budget of students and young professionals
  • I wish that this could be attainable since some people doesn't have easy access on Robinsons Mall and some are aren't fond of online shopping
  • The products themselves lasts only a few hours and needs to be re-applied at the middle of the day. 
  • Again, I'm disappointed by the shades  - aren't for all skin tones
  • I recommend this if you're a beginner and just practicing (again, not for all skin tones)
         That's it for my review of this new palette from Ever Bilena. If you have tried this palette and have different thoughts about this, please let us know by leaving a comment. I hope this post helped you in deciding whether to buy this palette or let it pass. Please stay tuned for more contents and thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day! XOXO


You May Also Like

0 Comments