MAX & MORE Burgundy Makeup Palette


         Hey, guys! I'm back with another review on a makeup palette that I picked up 3 weeks ago. As I was strolling my a local Robinsons Mall, I stumbled upon this MAX & MORE Burgundy Palette. I was shocked when I found out that this a European brand, though it is made in China (like most of our palettes). The thing that shocked me the most is the price, it's only Php 199!

        This palette contains 6 eyeshadows (all shimmer), 1 face highlighter, 1 blush (satin) and 1 bronzer (with gold glitters). That is a total of 9 products for Php 199! Wow! 


         I immediately bought this palette because I wanted to try and see if this affordable works. The packaging feels sturdy for its price and you get decent-sized products. The layout of this kinda reminds of the the Revolution Euphoria Eyeshades & Contouring Palette, except that it has mirror on the lid. I haven't tried bringing this palette to a trip but I can think that it can fit medium-sized makeup bags.


         If I'm being honest, the eyeshadows seem to be disappointing. I know I shouldn't be expecting anything amazing since this a really cheap palette, but I have used some palette with the same price but has nicer quality than this. Anyway, as you can see from the swatches, the eyeshadow are kinda sheer and look identical with one another. This sucks because I need at least 2 matte shadows to create a nice eye look.  A thing I also notice about this palette is that it doesn't contain a legit burgundy shade, which is funny since this palette is called "Burgundy Palette". This palette could've mixed the 2nd and 3rd shadow to create a baby pink lid shade and included a matte (instead of shimmer) burgundy shade to deepen the look. 


         The face products give me the opposite feeling and I love all of them. The bronzer is buildable, blendable, doesn't look muddy on the face and glitters are so fine it isn't visible. The blush gives a bright pink flush and it has a satin finish. The highlighter looks nice and give a nice glow even though it looks thick and textured on the swatch.


         The pictures on top and bottom show how the face products look together on my skin. What do you think, guys? I really love this products since they feel like they melt into my skin and that I don't have to worry about looking overdone. 



         I tried using the 5th and 6th eyeshadow to make a smokey burgundy eyes but it looked not so pigmented and muddy. I used a shadow stick to darken the dark brown eyeshadow because it isn't dark enough. 


          These eyeshadows aren't working nicely at all and and takes time to build up. How I wish they made a separate palette for the blush, bronzer and highlighter since I don't mind paying Php 199 for it. I understand that this palette intends to be an all-in-one product, it's just that the eyeshadows suck. I apologize for the term but these shadow really just don't do anything. :)


        Overall, I think this palette is worth the price that I paid for. I know I don't like the shadows but the face products are really worth paying for. I know the shades on this palette won't really suit our friends with darker skin and so won't say that I recommend this for everybody. If you have similar skin tone like mine and would like to try this palette, go ahead and try this palette. 

        That's my overall thoughts about this palette and I hope I have covered everything I wanted to say about this palette. I recently bought a lot of makeup products to try and review and hoping to post them as soon as I can. If you have tried this product and have a different opinion about this palette, please enlighten us by leaving a comment. Thank you so much for stopping by and I will be back soon. Have a nice day! XOXO

You May Also Like

0 Comments