Neutral Everyday Look Using Essence Makeup + More (Epic Fail)


          Hi everyone! First of all, I wanna say thank you to all the people who visit this little beauty corner on the internet and read my posts. I'm so near to 100,00 views and I get like 50-80 views per day. Oh my gosh! I'm so happy this blog is growing. :) I owe this all to you and I'm grateful for all the time you spend reading my posts. Secondly, I want to apologize for not posting regularly, I'm busy at work and I just want to chill on weekends. :)

           Recently, I have been buying a lot of Essence makeup products and I actually planned out to do a full face makeup using them. I have collected a few of their products except for their foundation, concealer, blush and bronzer. I took pictures step by step (not really) on how I achieved this simple everyday makeup look using Essence makeup products and some other stuff from the drugstore. These pictures aren't edited so may see the blemishes on my skin and my pores. Since I don't have a photographer, I took the pictures myself and some of them are in really awkward angles. Haha! If you are interested in this content. just keep on reading. :)


        I was just fresh from the shower when I took this picture. I have no makeup on, just toner and moisturizer. I have recently accumulated pimple scars because I have been breaking out since January; I have been using this toner from the local market and I think that's the one causing the breakouts because when I stopped using it (like a week ago) my breakouts stopped. Do you have any recommendations for toner that is good for oily skin? Please let me know. :)

          I did my face first before jumping into the eyeshadow part. You know, people have different techniques and ways on how they apply their makeup and for me, doing the base first is really convenient. I use the most basic stuff on my face makeup since I don't want to put too much on my oily skin. I used the Missha Layer Blurring Primer (silicone-based), then the L.A. Girl Peach Corrector, then the Maybelline Matte + Poreless Foundation (128 Warm Nude), and the The Saem Tip Concealer (Rich Beige). I like the foundation but emphasizes the imperfections on my skin. I mean it's good, but it will only look good if you only have a flawless skin. Since this post is focused on Essence products, I decided to bring this All About Matt Fixing Compact Powder. I love the absorptive capacity of this powder to sebum and it feels light to the skin. The only problem I have with this is that it leaves a white cast on the face. I'm not sure if this would work on darker skintones, wishing they would expand the shade range. What do you think guys?


          Next, I applied this Lots of Love Cosmetics Bronzing Powder (Brown Sugar) on my temples, cheeks and jaw lines. I like this bronzer because it gives warmth to my pale face. This bronzer is warm, a little bit orangey, which is okay for me because it compliments my light yellow skin. It's blendable for subtle warmth, and also buildable for to give warmth on darker skin tones. I recommend this one! :)  


          I applied a pink blush from the The Balm Autobalm Calirfornia License Palette (a project pan item) on top of the bronzer. Since I only have the Essence Pure Nude Hightighter (Be My Highlight), I used it as my highlight (duh, obviously). This has been cult favorite, ever since KathleenLights raved about this. It gives a subtle, glow within sheen that is suitable for fair-medium skintones. I am not really sure if this will show darker skintone, I haven't seen anyone who wore this highlighter. I think this is suitable for everyday use though it appears to have a lot of product on the pan. I have this for almost a year now and I haven't hit pan yet. This product seems endless, but it is only 6.5 grams. Anyways, I included this for my Project Pan this year and I aim to hit pan on this by the end of the year. Have you tried this? What are your thought about this product?


          Since my face is completely done, I proceeded to my brows. My brows are quite sparse and I need a powder to fill it in and it a shape. I am currently using the shade Boxed from the Sleek Oh So Special Palette. It is a matte medium brown shade which is currently perfect match for my hair color right now. I love how this shadow lasts long on my brows, withstanding the heat and sweat. To set my brows, I used the Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara (Browny Brows). I haven't tried many brow mascaras before, but I gotta say that this is my favorite. It makes my brows stay in place all through out the day. I love that the applicator is small and it really gets to every strand of my brows. The product could be a little bit messy, so I suggest scraping off the excess product back into the tube and gently apply the product onto the brow. How I wish they would expand the shade range because this is really 


          After doing the brows, I proceeded to the eyes. I applied my favorite eyeshadow primer which is the elf Eyelid Primer (Sheer) and set it with a matte cream eyeshadow. Since the eyeshadow palette that I have from Essence does not contain any matte shadows, I grabbed my I Heart Makeup #SELFIE Palette and used the shade #Chocfix (matte chocolate brown) as my crease shade. I thought this was the perfect crease shade since the palette I used was chocolate-themed. 


          For lid shadows, I love to use my flat synthetic eyeshadow brush. You can find a set of this Bamboo Makeup Brush Set anywhere on Shopee. :)


          I dipped my brush on the taupe shadow and applied it all over my lids. This shade leans more on the on grey-taupe combination with fine silver glitters. I love how this shadows are so compact, doesn't have fall-outs and easy to apply. As you can see on the photo above, I was careful not to go beyond my crease line. We people who have hooded eyes know that eyeshadows on the lids transfer on crease quickly. Don't worry, guys. I have blended the shadows and didn't leave a gap.


          I took a pencil brush and smoked out my outer-v with dark the brown shadow. I blended the shadows with a slanted eyeshadow brush. Blending is everything!


          After blending the eyeshadows on the crease and lids, I proceeded to the lower lash like. I used the 2 brown shades on the first row since I wanted to include them on this look. They didn't do anything special to this look; I find it necessary to put something on the lower line in order for it make it look put together. Lastly, I used the beige eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. Don't forget, blend the shadows on the lower lash line a well. You don't want any harsh, unclean shadows on your eye makeup. 


          This is the finished eye look that I made. I know this so plain and boring but this is kind of a try-on post so there's nothing special here. I just wanted to share how this products look and work. I apologize if the saturation of my photos are low, I used natural lighting! I don't have any professional  equipment to take pictures. 


          Since I didn't have any liquid liner to use, I decided to tightline my upper lash line instead. I used the L.A. Girl Endless Eyeliner (Very Black) for tightlining. On my water line, I used the Essence Gel Eye Pencil (Gunmetal). You guys, I really really love this two eyeliner! Both are easy to apply, doesn't smudge, waterproof, and has decent staying power. I'm also loving this tightlining technique recently since I'm not really good in applying liquid eyeliner. I suck at them! Haha!

          Then I grabbed  the only lip liner from Essence that I brought on this trip. Wait, what?? Where's your mascara, Sylden? Are you forgeting something? Oh my gosh! I totally forgot to bring mascara on this trip! I wasn't going to be so dramatic but I was disappointed because this was the only time I got a chance to do a try-on for my blog. Damn! Anyways, past is past. Shall we proceed? As I was saying, I applied a lip liner in the shade Red Blush on put it all over my lips. 


          Since I only have one lipstick from Essence, I didn't have any other choice. I used the Sheer and Shine Lipstick (15) on top of the lip liner. This lipstick matches the lip liner pretty well and created a wine red lip color. This lipstick is so hydrating and smells like chocolate. It's so good!



          And that's the finished look. Did you like this? I hope you like this epic fail, no mascara makeup look. Haha! I also realized that the toner I was using at this time was the one causing my skin to peel and clog my pores. I'm sorry for the messy face! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you want to see more posts like this. I admit, I rarely post about my makeup looks. I feel like everyone is doing them already and me doing this feels being redundant. I have more stuff to post so stay tuned for that. Thank you so much for stopping by. I'll talk you soon. XOXO

You May Also Like

0 Comments