Pan Those Eyeshadows 2020 (Round 1)


          How are you, guys? It's been three months since I last posted and I know I have pending reviews to do. I have recently been through a lot which affected my mental and physical health and I am still healing and moving on from the things that have happened. I apologize for not posting regularly, I didn't have motivation to write and share my recent makeup finds because I felt like I didn't have the energy. I am now back and I will be reviewing a lot of this in these upcoming weeks so watch out for that. Anyway, for today's post, I will talking about a challenge I started which is the Pan Those Eyeshadows 2020

          What is Pan Those Eyeshadow? It is a project started by Alexandra Sjosten (a beauty vlogger) and she has 2 years worth of videos showing how she made this project happen. This project basically aims to hit pan on as many eyeshadows as you can in a span of a year. Majority of the panner to this through roulette where they randomly draw 5 eyeshadows from their collection and once they hit pan on an eyeshadow, they roll in another eyeshadow. The eyeshadows that has been hit pan will be rolled-out from the project since the  goal was hit. You can encode all of your eyeshadows in a spreadsheet and use a random number generator application or site to draw the numbers or name shades. Out of all the project pans out there, this seems to be the most exciting because you surprised with the color combination you will get.

          I have decided to start this project as well since it is fun for me, I can explore color combinations and I will no get tired in using a single palette for the entire year. This will also help me get to know the formulas of the various eyeshadows I have in my collection and they will be just sitting on my drawer for a very long time. For this project, I used the RANDOM.ORG site to randomly select the eyeshadows that I will be using on my first round and these are the following:



         For my first pick, I have randomly selected the Heat shade from the Focallure Tropical Vacation Palette (read review here). This is matte warm shade which leans toward on the orange side. I have used this a few times before and I say that it blends well and is buildable. I'm pretty sure that I will be hitting pan on this maybe 2 months from now since I don't use warm brown shadow as crease shade on a daily basis. 



         The next shadow that I selected was from the same palette and is the shade Empire. It's a shimmery warm brown eyeshadow that has a red undertone and it pairs well with the next shade I will be talking about. I love this all over my lids and it looks good on brown eyes. I think I will be hitting pan on this next month since it has this gel-like texture and we know that a formula like are soft. 



         The third eyeshadow that I picked was the Silver Light shade from the Pudaier Milky Way Eyeshadow Palette. This a matte light pink shade that very pigmented and easy to blend. The powder itself is powdery but I don't need to use much in order to get the most out of this eyeshadow. It is a very very pretty transition shade and matches well with the Empire shade. I think this is the first I will be hitting pan on this project. I think the pan is shallow and my brush is picking up a lot of eyeshadow whenever I use this one. 




          Fortunately, I have drawn the fourth shade from the same Focallure palette. It is also fortunate that I have chosen the Wax shade which is a matte dirty white shade since I can use this to set my primer and blend my transition shades if I have over applied. I don't think I will be hitting pan on this soon since I don't need a lot and my lid space is pretty narrow. 



          And last but not the least, I have drawn this metallic dark green shade from the Beauty Glazed Uranus Palette (read review here). This is nice addition to the current set of eyeshadows I have in my current round since this is the only pop of color I have drawn. I have tried pairing it with Silver Light and Heat and I really didn't like the look I created. I will find other ways to incorporate this shade with the rest of the eyeshadows I have picked for this project. I don't that I will be hitting pan on this soon as well.


          This is the current quintet I have on this project. I love all of these shades on their own and I am really hoping to hit pan on Silver Light soon so that I can roll in another shade on my first update. I will be post updates on this project every month so you could track my progress as well. I will try my very best to take pictures of the looks that I came up with so I could share those as well.

           I hope y'all try this project as well as it is fun and exploratory in nature. It is refreshing for me and I think I won't get bored of this project easily. Are you doing this project as well? Please share you tips, trick, videos, and blog posts with us by leaving a comment so that we will be supporting each other in attaining our project pans. I hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned for more contents. I will talk to you soon. Thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day!


You May Also Like

0 Comments