Beauty Glazed Uranus Palette Review + Swatches


      Recently, I have been buying a lot of colorful eyeshadows from online shops. One of those colorful palettes is this Beauty Glazed Uranus Bright Eyeshadow aka their version or duplicate (allegedly) of the Huda Beauty Emerald Obsessions Palette. This palette has caught my eyes the moment I saw this being reviewed by the talented Ms. Tammy Clarke (here's her review) on YouTube. She came up with a really nice look from this palette and so I was curious of the formula    and decided to try it for myself. So, last month, I saw this palette from Shopee and bought from the apink,ph's shop (shop here) because they have a sale going on and their price is lower compared to others.  This was shipped from China and I was so thankful that seller packed this palette with my other purchases with care. :)

Background Information


         We can see here that Beauty Glazed has similar packaging with the Huda Beauty's gem stone eyeshadow collection (is that what was it called?). They copied the color scheme, shape of the packaging, the shape of the pans, and even the order of the shades. I don't have the Huda Beauty one so I wasn't able to compare the two side by side, but from the looks of it, this palette has brighter and neon green shades compared to the Huda Beauty Emerald Palette. Just like what this palette states, "Bright Eyeshadow". Haha! I don't what Beauty Glazed did, but it seems to me that they kind of tweaked some shades just a little bit so their version won't be a spot on dupe of the HB Emerald Palette. To be quite honest with you, I prefer this palette because the eyeshadows look so vibrant and feel so smooth when you touch them.


        This palette is lightweight; the packaging is made of cardboard and each shadow contains 1.4 grams. I think for the price of Php 149, this palette is so worth it. We can also see from the ingredient list that these shadow don't contain any parabens, which is good because we don't want ingredients that could contribute to cancer. This claims to be cruelty free too, they even have the PETA logo, but I'm not sure about that. This product is made from mainland China and we don't if they sell this product in China or not. We always need to verify before we can trust a brand if they are really cruelty free or not, right? :)


Swatches and Performance


Swatches with flash
        So let's talk about the shadows themselves and how they perform. As I have said earlier, this palette has brighter shades and they look vibrant. Upon swatching them, I felt the smooth texture they all contain. Yes, they are soft and the mattes are powdery, but their pigmentation is screaming brightly and loudly. To be honest, the formula of this Beauty Glazed eyeshadow palette is better that Focallure eyeshadows. Why do I say this? It is because these shadows are easy to apply, they blend out nicely (i'm not saying that Focallure shadows are not), brushes pick up they shadows nicely and they apply on lids with so much pigmentation. Though the Focallure ones are pigmented as well, most of their shimmer and metallic shadows need a 2nd or 3rd layer in able for the full effect to be achieved. 
They are little powdery but very smooth and pigmented
         Now, I'm not gonna compare how these shadows work on different eye primers because I really don't think that's necessary. Eyeshadows will perform well and will stay all day if you have a high-performing base or primer, okay? Speaking of eye primers, I only have on that I am currently using and that is the Wet N' Wild Photfocus Eyeshadow Primer which I adore so much and helps all of my eyeshadows stick on my lids all throughout the day and is good on keeping my lids being oily. Anyways, as I have said earlier, these shadows are soft and powdery but are incredibly pigmented. I use a light hand when using these shadows and thoroughly applying/blending them on my eyes. I also love that they don't look muddy when blended beside each other. I also love the fact that each eyeshadow are distinct enough to avoid looking repetitive. 

1st row (natural light)
        The first row consist of 2 metallic shades and 1 matte. The first shade is more of metallic Yellow Green that looks cute on the inner corners or maybe as a topper. The second shade is a matte Pale Green which I have not used yet, to be honest, but I think this will nice as an eyelid shadow with black winged liner or something. The last shade from this row is a metallic Spring Green kind of vibe which is supper pretty on lids and gives that soft and awake look. 

2nd row (natural light)
     The 2nd row consist of darker green shades and has 2 metallic and 1 matte eyeshadows. The first one is more of a forest green shade, it's kind of green shade that I associate with witches. The second shade leans more on the blue side, but I can consider this as a teal or turquoise shade. I have yet to use this shade and maybe I can create tutorials with this palette. The last one is this matte sea green, it looks brighter and leans more on the neon side when you see this in person. I have used this on my leads too and looks vivid on my eyelids. I will show looks that I have created using this palette before I end this post. 

3rd row (natural light)
      The last row consist of neutral and wearable shadows. This first one is a matte warm shadow that pairs well with this palette's color scheme. I love how Beauty Glazed changed this shadow into warm brown because it creates balance, depth, and dimensions to the looks being created using this palette. This middle shades is an olive green shade and I freaking love this so much. Looks good with my brown eyes! The last shade in this palette is this pale lime green shade that looks more yellowy but still coordinates well with the rest of the shadow. This is so pretty on the inner corners!

Swatches on natural light
        These are the shadows swatched in order and according to their row. I cannot stress enough how good they are and that they have great quality despite of being affordable.

Looks





      The first time I used this eyeshadow palette, I have created a full-on green eyeshadow look. I applied the warm shadow as my transition shade, then I took a matte dark green shadow (from another palette which I may took about soon) and smoked it on my outer corners and blended some on my crease. After which, I applied the dark shimmer shade all over my lids and applied the spring green on the center and topped it with the yellow green shade. I cannot remember exactly, but I think that I also used the yellow green shade on my inner corners. I applied the matte sea green on my lower lash line and connected it to the shadow I applied on my outer corners. I loved this look so much and I might re-create this one day and do a step by step tutorial. What do you think guys?




        The second look I created with this palette is a wearable one and looked really warm. For this look, I wanted the olive green to be the star of the show and it really did. This was simple look; I used all of the shades on the last row and it created a nice look. I took the warm brown shade and applied it on my crease. Then, I applied the olive green all over my lids. I love how it paired well with the warm brown! I applied the warm shade on my outer v and lower lash line and connected them. Lastly, I took the pale lime green shade and applied it on my inner. This is my favorite look so far and I am hoping to create more.

        Overall, I think this palette is worth a shot and is really worth for what I paid for. I wish that these shades have names because mentioning a shade's name is kind of exhausting and redundant, but since it has an affordable price, I ain't complaining at all. I plan collecting all of the "duplicate" palettes from this brand on the future and see if the others are consistent and mirrors the quality of this palette. I also plan on getting more palettes from Beauty Glazed. Do you have any suggestions, guys? :) I recommend this palette if you're in a hunt for affordable colorful palettes. 

         I guess this is it for today's post. I really wish that I can upload every single week but I feel tired all of the time and just want to take a break on weekends and relax my mind just a little bit. I have been saving a lot of my energy for something and feels good to sleep before midnight. I'll talk to you whenever I can and as always, please leave a comment if you have any suggestions, opinions, requests, or questions. Have a nice and let some optimism enter your doors. Stay safe y'all. XOXO


You May Also Like

0 Comments