Perfect Diary Red Fox Palette (Review and Swatches)


          Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope everyone's Christmas is happy and lovely and do enjoy spending the holidays those who are dear to your hearts. If you are not celebrating Christmas, I hope you are safe and enjoying your break time from work or school. 💖 Anyway, for today's post I'm going to talk about this eyeshadow palette from Perfect Diary called the Red Fox Palette. Perfect Diary is a Chinese independent makeup brand that is quite expensive but the products seem to be of  nice quality. This Red Fox Palette is the first I tried from the brand and I must say that I'm pretty impressed with the overall presentation. I think the animal palettes they have are part of the collaboration they have with Discovery Channel. 


          First of all, the details on packaging is surprisingly detailed. The front cover is red fox with surrounded by plants that are embossed and has this rough texture. The back cover if the fur of the fox which some hairs were also embossed which I love because it's giving me the sense of feeling the hair of the fox. This packaging feels luxurious and I love every detail they have put in this. When we look inside the palette, we will be greeted by 12 eyeshadow pans and a ginormous mirror on the other side.   Each eyeshadow contains around 1.1 grams which a little less than most standard eyeshadow palettes. I'm still not complaining with the weight since these are pigmented eyeshadows and I know I'm not gonna run out any of these soon.


          If you have been a reader of this blog for a while, you know that I love my cool-toned smokey eyeshadow palettes ever since and I wear smokey eyes for almost everyday of my life. It was a surprise that out of all the options from the brand, this color story stood out for me and this is the palette I bought first from Perfect Diary. The color story is pretty much warm neutrals with a pop of muted orange and red. That matted red with gold glitters was screaming at me to get the palette and most probably on of the most gorgeous eyeshadow palettes I have ever seen. Just me telling these things is a big deal since I don't like warm toned eyeshadow palettes in general. 

Click the picture for a clear view

          Upon seeing this color scheme, I was not intimated at all maybe because of the sultriness and muted warm shades it exudes. Red tone eyeshadows will mostly intimated people to use on the eyelids, but for some reason this one inspires me to use this palette. The more I use it, the more I get inspired to make looks and use more red eyeshadows. This also comes with a dual-ended brush where one is shading and one is an angled brush used for eyeliner. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. 😅


Click here to see the ingredients list

          Now, let's talk a little bit on each of the eyeshadow. Starting from left upper row, these are the eyeshadows:

  • Fox Teeth (shimmer beige) - this your typical inner corner shimmer beige shade that highlights an eye look. There's nothing special about this shade but I think it's an essential on most neutral palettes.
  • Hill (sparkly beige topper) - another beige shade from the palette but this one is sparkly, glittery and feels like more an eyeshadow topper. The glitters are fine and look so pretty on the inner lower lash line.
  • Fur (matte brown) - a matte crease/transition shade that is easy to blend and doesn't need a lot since it is pigmented. I love that this leans on the warm side since there's another transition shade included in this palette that leans more on the cool side.


  •  Fox Tail (matte ginger with white glitter overspray) - probably the most aesthetically pleasing eyeshadow in this palette. The fox tail embossment with glitter overspray is amusing and I was careful not mess up until I take pictures of this palette. This burnt orange shade will nicely blend with Fur and gives this popping crease combination on the eyelids. It's pigmented and you don't need a lot to get a good color pay-off.
  • Charm (matte muted red with gold glitters) - Ahh! This eyeshadow is everything and I think is the star of the show. I mean, duh? How can it not be? It's supposed to be this red shadow since this palette is literally called Red Fox. I used this one time all over the lids and it blended beautifully. The gold glitters will eventually go away upon blending so that is a good thing. Then I topped it with Wink and they looked good together. It gave me this yummy warm golden red eye look. This eyeshadow is indeed charming!


  • Hide (shimmer dark brown) - this eyeshadow is hard-pressed and I barely get any on my shading brush. It has this creamy texture that I think maybe dried or had hard pan on top because it doesn't creamy as it used to be. I bought this palette last year December and swatched this shade a few times and maybe it dried out at some point. Anyway, I like this eyeshadow and I use this all over the lids to make a base for the sparkly eyeshadows included in this palette. It's still good regardless of it's current condition and it still applies good on the lids. 
  • Gravel (shimmery bronze) - the third typical shimmer eyeshadow in this palette but this is my favorite one out of the three. This looks beautiful on the lids giving the look a beautiful bronze sheen. On the lower lash line, it looks more peachy bronze but is beautiful regardless. This shadow has more visible usage than the rest since this one is included on Pan Those Eyeshadows 2023, but I haven't hit pan on it since I already reached my 20-usage goal and it was pretty new palette back then.


  • Tongue (matte light mauve) - Another transition shade in this palette that leans more on the cool side and is perfect to tone down the warmth of some of the matte shades. This is the shade I used on the transition and crease when I wore Charm all over the lids. I love that this shadow is in here since it gives me options on what direction and tone I will take whenever I create looks with this palette.
  • Vulpes Vulpes (matte chocolate brown) - One of my favorites in this palette. This your perfect brown crease shade that looks beautiful on brown eyes. It's one of the shadows that compliments brown eyes and makes them pop even more. This is also pigmented and blendable. I have nothing more else to say.


  • Cave (matte dark brown) - an essential dark brown shade on most palettes. This is the darkest shade in this palette and one of my most used. I love to use this to darken my outer-v and on my outer lower lash line. I think this was also included in this palette to serve as a shadow liner. It's pigmented and blendable and easy to work with. 
  • Wink (flaky sparkly light yellow and yellow gold) - the only split pan on this palette but the spit is uneven. Haha! I really don't understand why is the split uneven, maybe for aesthetics purpose? Or maybe something connected with foxes? I'm not really sure! This is the eyeshadow I used to top Charm. This is also the only sparkly shade that has a pigmented base and probably the prettiest yellow gold  shadow I have ever put on my lids. I just wish we can have more of that light yellow to put on the inner corners or inner lower lash line.


  • Trap (shimmer neutral brown with silver sparkles) - This is my least favorite shade from the palette. It has a sheer base and just mostly glitters. I prefer Hill than this one as a glitter topper or an inner lower lash line topper. Maybe if they made this as a shimmery taupe shade it would have made a difference. This is a "meh" for me.

Red eyeshadow look I wore on a concert 💖

I used Tongue, Cham and Wink to create this look


          I think that the stars of this palette are matte shadows since they are all pigment, easy to blend, easy to build-up and just overall a beautiful formula. The shimmers and sparkly shadows are okay for me but I prefer the formula from other Chinese brands. Overall, this palette is really great and is worth for the price I paid. It costs Php 1,299 on my currency but I only paid Php 869 since it went on sale on Lazada. I say that you should buy these palettes on Lazada or Shopee if you live in Asia since they are cheaper on those sites. Don't worry, they are authentic and brands made an official stores on those platforms.

         I hope you enjoyed this lengthy and in-depth blabbering about this gorgeous palette. I think this a great palette for Christmas season to create those red tone eyeshadow looks. I like this brand and I think I will also get another palette but I'm still not decided on what to buy. I hope you will also try this brand because they have awesome formula, interesting textures and detailed packaging that adds value on your collection. Have you also tried this brand and what palettes do you recommend for us to try? Please let us know by leaving a comment. Again, have a Merry Christmas. Please stay safe and stay tuned for more. Take care!


You May Also Like

0 Comments