Trying Out The Vice Cosmetics Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lip Kit in IZKERAVU


          Hey, guys! Do you like the new theme? I really love this! It's simple yet looks matured and blog is now easier to explore. I got this theme for free from Blogger Templates Gallery Anyway, for today's post, I will be talking about my newly purchased Vice Cosmetics Phenomenal Velvet Liquid Lip Kit in the shade Izkeravu. I was testing this new liquid lipstick from this brand for the past two weeks and I think I have already formed my thoughts and opinions on this new formula. Is it really phenomenal? Keep reading to find out. 
  
            If you are not aware, Vice Cosmetics is owned by our very own Vice Ganda which she launched last year. She started with liquid and bullet lipsticks, and now she has powder foundation, contour powders, blushers, highlighter, tints and brow products. I love how affordable her products are and she also sells bundles which you can save money from. I know i'm again late on the game with this lip kit, which she released last year December, but I am still reviewing this since I am curious and they hype has passed and you can rely that I my review is not influenced by others.


          First of all, I love how lenient this box is. The products are secured and protected from damage, although I really don't like the waste of materials in creating this box. They could've manufactured a smaller box, right? Save our planet! :) This lip kit contains 1 Velvet Liquid Lipstick (3 mL) and 1 Soft Glide Lip (0.25 g). I picked Izkeravu because this is only shade that I think I would wear on a regular basis; I bought this because it looked like a nude peach shade when I swatched this on Watsons. This kit retails for Php 295, but I got for Php 265 because there was 10% discount when I bought this.

The description and ingredients

          It's also nice that these products don't contain any parabens (cancer-causing ingredient) and that they included healthy ingredients that will nourish our lips. This new lip kit claims to be ultra soft, cloud-like, and hydrating. Are they really? Hmmmmmm. I have browsed their official store (Vice Cosmetics) on Shopee and these lip kits got 5 stars from their customers. As I have said, this is the only shade that I feel like I would wear since most of their lip shades are reds, purples, pinks. Their shades are screaming and loud, and I am neutral and nude kind of girl. I know that the target market is Filipino makeup lovers, which means that the products are formulated to suit Filipino skin tone, but I wish they would also create neutral and really nude shades. 


          I have also noticed there is slight change of color on their packaging. Their lipsticks used to have the fuchsia accent, and now it is hot pink. I have compared the packaging of this velvet liquid stick to the matte liquid lipstick (see my review of the Matte Liquid Lisptick in Kyemerut) and I realized that the matte one has this glossy packaging with the fuchsia accent while this velvet has this matte (glazed looking glass) packaging with the hot pink accent. Honestly, I prefer the latter because it looks bougie and can be compared to high-end lipsticks. Plus, the formula itself is really good.

Matte Liquid Lipstick vs. Velvet Liquid Lipstick

          Yup, you read that right. I am in love with this new formula. I love how smooth the lipstick feels on lips. This is the easiest liquid lipstick to apply on the lips, it's buildable, and doesn't look patchy when layered. This transfers on papers cups and mugs whenever I drink coffee upon arriving at the office, but the shade doesn't fade easily on the lips. Unlike the matte liquid lipstick, this velvet one doesn't smell like chocolate but it doesn't smell bad either. My lips feels so moisturized the entire day and  doesn't look thick when I re-apply this after eating my lunch.


The Izkeravu Soft Glide Lip Liner

          I have to say though, the lip liner doesn't glide on smoothly on my lips. I have read a review that this particular shade isn't really applying smoothly unlike the other shades. I don't what happened with this specific shade, maybe it has something to do with the manufacturing or ingredients? I have to use a lip balm in order for this to transfer on my lips properly. It is so hard to put on, like I have to really scratch this on my lips and I don't like doing that on my lips. I think that the lipstick would be fine on it's own. 

Izkeravu Velvet Liquid Lipstick on top of the lip lner

Perfect for daily neutral looks

          I have worn this lipstick the entire week two weeks ago. This went well with all the eye looks I created, even with the smokey ones. It says on the the site that this is a "warm nude shade" but it looks like a bright nude with orange undertone on my lips. I have also read from the reviews that this oxidizes into a shade darker on some people. On me, it looks almost bright light orange. I am not really used to this type of lipstick shade but I have loved ever since I have put this on my lips. I think this is now my favorite liquid lipstick formula. 


   Is this formula phenomenal? No, it isn't. It super comfortable though. Like heavenly and pleasurable type of feeling. Yes, it really is cloud like. It is pigment, 1 coat is enough to cover my entire lips. It doesn't fade easily even after sipping coffee or eating. It stays put for a very long time, and doesn't cake my lips even if I re-apply without wiping the first layer I have put on. I think I have to try other shades in order for me to form my solid opinion on the lip liners but I don't like this particular lip liner. 



          I still recommend the lipstick and it's one best that I have tried on the local market so far. Kudos to Vice and her team for this "Phenomenal" formula! I think that this shade will suit a lot of skin tones and majority of people can afford this kit. This is something that is worth spending your money on since this doesn't have any parabens, the brand is cruelty-free, and you are supporting the local market. You can get this on Watsons and online store like Shopee. If it is your first time shopping at Shopee, you can use my referral code "SYLDE22" to avail the Php 100 discount on your first purchase. Please note that I won't receive any money from this code, but I will be rewarded with Shopee Coins which I can use to avail discounts on my future purchases. :)

            This is for today's post and I hope you liked this one. I kept it simple and short since I don't want to bore you with my ramblings and I feeling direct right now. I will be celebrating my birthday this Wednesday and might share my birthday makeup and outfit. I'll see about that. :) Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you'll follow this blog to keep you posted with my posts. Have a nice day. Stay safe. XOXO


You May Also Like

0 Comments