L.A. Girl Cosmetics Keep It Playful Downplay Palette - My Top 1 Palette for 2023

by - 12:45 PM


          Happy New Year, lovely people! I have been busy with filming Shorts on my YouTube channel and I have recently uploaded my entire eyeshadow palette collection. I am trying to grow my channel and expand my makeup journey on different platforms. Though this blog will always be my baby since it all started in here and this the first blog I created that was accepted by Google AdSense. For my first post this year, I will be sharing with you my Top 1 eyeshadow palette for the year 2023. This is the L.A. Girl Cosmetics Keep It Playful Downplay Palette and shoutout to Morgan Turner for introducing me to this beauty. 


        I first saw this in one of her Shorts and I immediately fell in love with color story. The moment she said that the two metallic shades are comparable to luxury shadows, I knew I have to get the palette. She's really picky with her brands; focusing on high-end ones, and the moment she says that an affordable eyeshadow can be compared with luxury eyeshadows you have to trust her.  I managed to find one in a local online store and bought it instantly since I thought it is limited edition. It's actually from their permanent line and it's only $11 at the brand's website. I bought mine for Php 614 and I think the value is close on the original price.

Click for a larger view

          The palette's packaging is uniform with the color story and component is made if magnet. It feels a little heavy but also feel a little luxurious. Each eyeshadow weighs 1.5 grams, a standard amount for an eyeshadow palette and will probably last for quite a while. I bought this palette on a travel and thankfully the shadows didn't break.  That's a good indicator since it means that these shadows are tightly-pressed and are safe to bring on long travels. This fits in my makeup bag without taking much space and this seems to be pretty sleek. I just wish that the shadows have names, even if they were just printed at the back.

Click for larger and clear view

           The mattes in here are pigmented, easy to blend, aren't powdery and feels soft to the touch. The two shimmers on the second row are more of standard shimmer but feels smooth, pigmented and glides on smoothly on the lids. The two metallic shadows on the third row are super intense and have this smooth foiled effect. The last shadow looks like matte black but it's actually a satin dark grey shade but I still like it. Overall, this the color story is great, each eyeshadow works and can be combined with the other without looking muddy. 


          So, let me share with you my thought on each of the shadow. Starting from upper left:
  • Shade 1 (matte beige) - Your standard matte beige perfect for blending harsh edges, highlighting brow bones and setting the eye primer. 
  • Shade 2 (matte neutral brown)  - I love using this as a transition shade. It's more on the neutral side which is perfect at toning down the smokiness of the darker shades in this palette.
  • Shade 3 (matte warm brown) - This shadow is darker and warmer than the previous one. This would be nice a crease shade or transition shade for darker skin tones. This what I love about this palette, it suits on dark skin tones as well. A lot of people can use this for their daily use.

  • Shade 4 (shimmer red brown) - This shade is so stunning! Perfect for brown smoky eye look. As I have said earlier, this is a standard shimmer. No glimmer or glitter, just plain shimmer that shines and has a lot of pigment.
  • Shade 5 (shimmer beige) - I love using this on my inner corner. This could be a lid shade paired with the matte neutral to create a fresh and light eye look. 
  • Shade 6 (matte dark brown) - Ahhh! Gorgeous dark chocolate shade. I love using on my outer corners and lower lash line. This is must have on every smoky palettes and I just love shades like this.


  • Shade 7 (metallic silver)  - Stunning silver! I love how this shadow leans a little white since I don't pure silver shades. I put this on top of the metallic gunmetal shade and they look beautiful together. It feels a little heavy to touch but applies smoothly on the eyelids.
  • Shade 8 (metallic gunmetal) - The star of the show! This a gunmetal eyeshadow done perfectly! In the pan, it looks like it has green tinge but in my eyelids, it translates to grey. In some angles, the green is peeking through. This kind of shade has been done many times by a lot of brand already, but I think they nailed it. 
  • Shade 9 (satin dark grey) - I was surprised to know that this is actually a satin grey shadow. I like though since I can slowly build this up to make smoky looks instead of blending a heavily matte shadow.


          This a look that I made using this palette. This is an awarding event with "glitz and glamour" motif and I wore a sequined black gown (see picture below). I felt so sexy especially that I was wearing a smoky eye look. I used the matte neutral brown on as transition shade, satin grey to smoke out my outer corners and lower lash line, gunmetal on my lids topped with the silver shade, and shimmer beige on my inner corners.

Can you spot the palette? 😄

Please view the my video to see live swatches of the eyeshadows

          This is my no. 1 eyeshadow palette for 2023 because of its practicality, versatility and the overall amazing formulas of the eyeshadows. Maybe a video and post of eyeshadow palette ranking? Hmm. Let's see if I can make that happen. Anyway, thank you so much for stopping by. If you like my style and my contents, please follow this blog and subscribe on my channel. I hope to talk to again. Stay safe. Have a nice day. 💖



You May Also Like

0 Comments