Winterized Nails



         This is my first post of the year and I am so excited! I was contacted by the Community Outreach Coordinator for Julep, Abbey Jones, (isn't that most exciting thing ever?!), asking me if I could share how I "winterize" my nails, including my nail care routine, as they are currently giving this challenge to invited bloggers and select the best post and compile it to their upcoming project. I said yes to the challenge but I wasn't able to post earlier due to my hectic schedule. Anyways, I am apologizing to Abbey for making her wait so long. I'm not sure if my this will still count, but I'm doing it anyways because I love to participate in something. :)


        I didn't have any idea on what design will I come up with this post. I didn't have any much idea on how was this blog been noticed by Julep since I don't have the greatest nail designs in the blogosphere. Seriously. Haha! What I did was I went to Julep's site and browsed for color inspirations, like what are the colors associated with winter. I live in the Philippines and we don't have winter so I don't have broad knowledge about the said season. I scanned my nail polish collection to see if I have shade fit for the winter theme. 

       I came up with a simple winterized design for my short nails. I decided to use my gray nail polish from San San called Cloudy Gray for my base. What I love about with this brand is that most of their polishes are opaque, one coat is enough.  I applied two coats for opacity. I thought that the base was a little boring so I layered it with a sheer lilac purple glittery nail polish, also from San San, called Lilac Pearl.




         The camera didn't pick the true colors very well, but you can still see some hints of micro-fine lilac purple glitters. It does have a really cute effect on the gray polish. How I wish you could see this in person. It's great! The combination fits the winter time as it sparkles like snow. Haha! Geez, I'm just imagining a snow on my skin. How does it feel, guys?


        To accentuate my nails, I have pressed some nails glitters and  white star design on my ring fingers. I picked up the pentagon blue and silver glitters as it perfect for winter. You don't need any special product to make these cuties stick on your nails. As long as the nail polish is still wet, these will hold on. I finish this off with a color less polish. P.S. I cleaned the mess right after taking a shot of my nails.

 

The products I used:
  • San San Nail Polish in Cloudy Grey - exclusive at HBC stores
  • San San Nail Polish in Lilac Purple - exclusive at HBC stores
  • Nails To Go in Colorless - grocery stores
  • Nail glitter designs - department stores

       What do you think about this design? Please let me know if you have recreated this. Tag me a picture on Facebook,  Instagram or Twitter. My links are always at the sidebar. 

       Thank you so much to Julep for giving me the chance to participate. I might not be picked but I'm still happy because I know this opportunity does not come always. I'm already joyous by just joining. :)

     I hope you like this post. If you have any suggestions, questions, or something please hit a comment. I love reading your messages. I will talk to you soon. Have a nice day. XOXO 



You May Also Like

0 Comments