Glam Works Permanent Hair Dye + Routine


          I'm one those people who have had gray hair at a very young age. I inherited this condition from my dad's side. I remember having gray hair strands when I was at sixth grade and my classmates teased me about my hair. I didn't do anything about it at first because I didn't want to dye my hair at all; I have an originally reddish brown hair and I loved it so much because it made looked like a foreigner. I'm a Filipino but I have Spanish and Chinese ascendants making me a mestiza. I started dyeing my hair way back in 2010, when I was a 3rd year college student. Since 40% of my hair was already gray, I decided that it was time to let my hair be dyed. I went from dark brown, golden tones, burgundy, blonde with highlights and more since then. I have also experimented with hair styles and hair treatments which made my crowning glory even more dry. 


          Back in 2013, I discovered an affordable hair dye from a local brand and is incredibly cheap which is sold for Php 49 only. At first I was skeptical about it because cheap products tend to have low quality and usually causes allergic reactions to most people. I tried this hair dye and I liked it; it's long lasting, doesn't fade and easy to apply. I'm generally not allergic to any hair dye brands and formulas so I can't really much say of how this reacts to the scalp. Always do a test on hair dye before applying it to the hair. Some dyes contain harmful ingredients like ammonia and others. This Glam Works Hair Dye doesn't contain so it's good for me. I have recently dyed my hair Chocolate Brown from the same brand and it looked golden on my hair. I guess the shade got mixed up on the other colors I have worn on my recent dyes. I dye my hair every two months because grows fast and the roots are always dark which doesn't match the rest of my hair. For this month, I have chosen the Dark Brown color because I want to have a dark hair again and I think it suits my gray-brown eyes well. 



         I always wash and shampoo my hair before dyeing it. You would want a clean, oil-free, fresh hair and scalp before dyeing the hair. I don't use conditioner before applying hair dye as it might not stick to the hair strands pretty well. Combing the hair will help the efficiency of the application because it will detangle the washed hair. I also use a pre-treatment serum before I apply the hair dye to protect my not so luscious locks from further damage that I have already caused. Haha! :) I divide my hair and dye it on parts to cover my gray hairs pretty well. 


          I concentrate the product on my roots because that's where I need most coverage. Then I comb the product evenly to the rest of my hair. Massaging the product unto the hair would also help spreading the hair dye. Going back and forth between applying, combing and massaging may take a while especially with long hair but it definitely worth the effort. The back side might be difficult since I can't really see if I apply too much on one part, but I always manage to estimate my product application and get it done right. Haha! Anyways, after consuming all of the product, I combing my hair again because I really want it to look neat and even. I know, sometimes I'm lenient as fuck. I let the product soak on my hair for 30 minutes since I have gray hair.




          I wash my hair after 30 minutes and making sure that all of the color treatment have already drained from my hair. After doing so, I grab a conditioner and mix it with a repairing mask or hair treatment and apply it to my hair and leave the mixture for 5 minutes. The hair treatments I use varies from time to time, depending on what I have bought or products that I'm trying at the moment. For this past month, I have been using L'oreal hair products as I find them effective and does really help treat my hair from dryness and breakage. I like the Elseve Total Repair Deep Repairing Mask because it smells good and makes my hair feel soft upon applying it, plus it isn't that expensive. I find this affordable basing on the local price. That's already a good deal! The Arginine Resist isn't really that conditioning, I'm not even sure if this is a conditioner or a leave-on treatment. Haha! I love experimenting with though. It works good when mixing it other conditioners.


          This is what the Dark Brown color looks on me. I love how it's dark, not on the black side, and gives that taupe vibes. It makes me look fresh and younger. I think I might stick with this color the entire year as I really the love the look of this on me. What do you think guys? Do you have a hair care routine as well? Please share it with us on the comments sections. I would love to read your tips and tricks as well! I hope you enjoyed this post and stay tuned for more. Have a nice day everyone!  XOXO

Other hair related post:

Products mentioned:






You May Also Like

3 Comments