San San Age Defense Cheek Blusher in Peach Blush Review




         San San is a local makeup brand that seems to be doesn't getting enough love and attention from most Filipino makeup bloggers. I rarely see people from my country talking about this brand's makeup products. Why? I've been using their products since I was in college and I think that they have nice products which are affordable and have nice quality into them. 

         A couple of months ago, I came across the HBC Branch I always visit and I thought of grabbing some San San stuff since I have not bought from them for a while. One of the products I bought is this Peach Blush from the Age Defense Line. You can tell this line apart from others by its metallic royal blue packaging which looks so majestic. Haha! 😁 Anyways, I was curious to try this because it has that matte finish which I'm currently into. If you want to know my thoughts about this blush, just keep on reading. 😄

INGREDIENTS


I have researched from different sites about the ingredients and these are the things I found out:
  • Talc - absorbs moisture (cancerous)
  • Magnesium Stearate - helps the ingredients stay blended together
  • Paraffinum Liquidum - very highly refined mineral oil
  • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - skin-replenishing
  • Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate - used in sunscreen as UV filter
  • Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer - absorbs excess of sebum or acne-producing oils
  • Sodium Lactate (AHA) - effective humectant and moisturizer
  • Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) - antioxidant (synthetic alternate)
  • Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) - antioxidant (fat-soluble form)
  • Tocepheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) - protects skin against the sun's ultraviolet rays
          There were other ingredients that I didn't care mentioning about like the "parabens" because they are known as synthetic preservatives which cause cancer; the rest of the ingredients are colorants. Judging by what about I have found out about the ingredients, I think that this is a nice product for everybody regardless of what skin type they have since this both contain moisturizers and sebum-absorbing agents. I love how this blush contains SPF 15 which I really appreciate since it's always sunny here in our country and additional sun protection is valuable. 

PACKAGING


          The blush is stored in a circular plastic container that resembles the MAC Blush packaging. Honestly, I really love the cover because blue is my all time favorite color. I hope this won't face because I feel like it's just an over-spray. 


          The bottom part of the packaging is actually covered in white. There's a hidden compartment below the blush's pan; it stores a mirror and a small brush for application. 



          I love this idea since this would be great for travelling. It may be bulky, but it is practical since there's already a mirror that is nice for retouching. The packaging is quite sturdy and would fit into a small makeup pouch.

APPLICATOR


          I don't like the brush that comes with this blush. The bristles are so rough and aren't picking up much product. I don't know if I'm gonna toss this or keep it on its compartment. Haha! 

PRODUCT


         The product itself was pressed in like a dome-shaped form. It has matte finish, blends smoothly on the skin, subtle color, and quite buildable. 


          The formula is chalky, there's no way denying that. It seems pigmented on the pan; it's actually sheer when you swatch it on your hand. The blush color isn't that versatile as this would probably suit on fair to light skin tones. How about medium to dark? I don't think it won't show up. 


          It blends into a sheer peach shade. This blush powder takes some work in order to build a nice flush on the cheeks. When applied on the skin, it looks muted and seems natural. 


          For longevity, it stays 2-3 hours when applied with a synthetic brush in a stippling method. I found out that if you apply this in swiping motion, the color doesn't show up much. Such a bummer, right?

HOW DOES IT LOOK ON MY SKIN?



          It gives me a natural-looking peachy flush. I think this is great if with my dark eyes and bright lips; it balanced my makeup look, keeping my face neutral when other parts are dramatic. In case you are wondering, I wore this look on my birthday. I have talked about this makeup look on my Turning 24 blog post. 

OVERALL THOUGHTS

          I love this blush! I know it isn't the greatest, most amazing blush in the local drugstore, but this is the one reaching for the most almost everytime I do my makeup. The matte finish is amazing and is surprisingly not powdery on the skin. I prefer matte blushes over anything so this product is perfect for me. The most amazing thing about this product? I has SPF 15! Oh my goodness! How many blushes have SPF on them? I rarely see one. Haha! Plus, this contains skin nourishing ingredients which makes me love this product even more. This is worth my Php 125! :)

          How do you find this new format of review? Please bear with me because this is the first time I have reviewed with this format. I know this is not so put together but it'll get better in time. I hope you enjoyed this post. If you have any thoughts, requests, or suggestions, please leave a comment down below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to read and visit this blog. I'll be back with a more interesting post next time. I'll talk to you soon. Have a great day. Stay safe. XOXO



You May Also Like

0 Comments