30 Beauty Questions Tag

     Hello there, lovelies! I'm sorry if haven't been updating for 5 days. I'm currently busy with my newest cross stitch project. It's a Gryffindor logo that I have downloaded from The Leaky Cauldron. Anyways, I will be doing the 30 Beauty Questions Tag that I have seen from Make Up Mayhem. It's a nice tag consisting of beauty related questions, mostly about makeup. I'll try to be direct to the point as much as possible because I don't want this to be super lengthy. So without further ado, let's get started.

  • Do you remember your first makeup item?
               Ummm.. I cannot exactly remember my first ever makeup item. When I was on my 3rd year on hisgh shcool, gave me a blue glitter eye shadow from AVON which I didn't use that much it was so unwearable for school. The first makeup item that I bought was Revlon Blush in Pinking of You from the A Floral Affair Collection.  
  • Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
               I have a natural thick, long and curly lashes. My perfect mascara would be something that isn't overwhelming and won't make my lashes look like a spider. One that  is enhancing, doesn't clump and waterproof. A little bit voluminous for dramatic effect. I have tried a lot of mascaras but never bought the same one because there's nothing that meets my standard. I think the closest one that fits my specifications is the one that i'm currently using, the San San Thick Lash Mascara. It makes my lashes volumized and I love how it separates the hair. It's long lasting and contains vitamins A, C & E.
  • What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
                Definitely, light to medium. I don't want to look fake and clownish. Heavy coverage foundations could be cakey, especially if you apply a finishing powder. I do use concealer and powder over foundation  so I prefer something that won't make me feel like I wear tons of makeup.               
  • Favorite high end brand?
                  I cannot say that I do have a favorite high end brand I only have MAC eye shadows in the said category.
  • What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't? 
               Tarte! Oh my goodness, I'm dying to try this cosmetic line. I'm interested with their products because they are organic and o lot of people rave about them. Especially the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush. I also want to try Urban Decay, Stila, Too Faced, Smashbox, Chanel and Benefit.

Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Glisten

  • Favorite drugstore brand?
              Revlon! It's my first love. <3 Their products are great and most of them are high quality. In my own opinion, I think Revlon is the queen of drugstore makeup brands. I also use their makeup brushes, nail polishes and hair dyes.
  • Do you wear fake eyelashes? 
               Nope. Not my thing. :)
  • Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
               I don't wear makeup everyday. But, if ever I'll leave our house, I always apply lippies before going outside. 
  • What is your most cherished beauty product?
               My MAC shadows. For the main reason that they're my most expensive makeup items. I'm really careful no to break them. 
  • How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
              Every once in a while, only when I need or running out of a certain product. I like picking up an item here and there because I go to various shops to purchase makeup. 
  •  Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely? 
               I do have a beauty budget. I don't go over Php1000 when I shop for makeup products at local stores. But, whenever i'm at Duty Free, I have a budget of $30 because I know cosmetics there costs less. I budget my money on makeup because i'm still looking for a job. Though I have money, I'm the kind of person who will rather splurge on clothes, shoes and bags. :)
  • Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
               Yes. Philippine local shops do not usually give coupons, it sucks. Hehe. But I do have rewards cards such as BDO Rewards Cards which I use on Watsons, I also a HBC exclusive membership card and a Pink Card from Etude House. I also utilize sales when I shop for cosmetics.
  • What type of product do you buy the most of?
               Skincare and body products. I love putting on makeup but I love taking care of my skin more. I'm in an endless search for products that does effectively work on my skin type.
  • Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
               So far, none. But I do have a love and hate relationship with San San makeup products. 
  • Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
              I do avoid paraben as much as possible. Not really for sulfates. I love using organic products but their maintenance is costly. I'm searching for organic products that won't hurt my wallet.
  • Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
              Yes, it's Watsons. They carry various brands from local to international, even Korean and Japanese. I can everything that I need in there.
  • Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
                Yes. As I said, i'm in an endless search for products that suits my skin type.
  • Favorite bath and body brand?
                 St. Ives! Their body washes and body lotions are the best that I've found on the drugstore! A little bit pricey but you'll get a lot of product and it lasts for months. Plus, they are semi-organic and paraben free. I also love their facial products.
  • If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
               Tarte. As I said, their products are organic and high quality. They're eco-friendly and cruelty free. 
  • What brand do you think has the best packaging?
               As far as for the physical appearance goes, I say that Majolica Majorca has the cutest packaging. They look magical and at the same time girly. As for high quality packaging, I think MAC has the best packaging.
  • Which celebrity always has great makeup?
              Taylor Swift. <3
Photo from: Pictures to Pin

  • Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
               Not anymore. I used to make beauty videos on YouTube 3 years ago but I decided to stop because I didn't had a HD camera back then and I was busy with my studies.
  • 5 Favorite Beauty Gurus
               Julie Gutierrez (julieg713), Marlena Stell (MakeupGeekTV), Cora A. (vintageortacky), Promise Phan (dope111), Jessica Harlow (MissJessicaHarlow)
  • Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
               Yes, I like them. I think that they are time and money saver. 
  • Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
               Nope. I'm careful in putting my makeup even if I have don't much time. It's always good to look clean.
  • Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
              I use both. Primer is a must since it will hold the eye shadows for a hours without creasing. Besides, bases mostly are in creamy formula. I love using bases because they give effects to the shadows, they could either tone down or intensify a look.
  • How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
          I take a bath everyday, except when i'm sick. I use shampoo and conditioner. Since my hair is permed, I use a mousse to keen it my hair in place and would look like Hermione Granger. She's so pretty! Then I use a anti-frizz laminating spray for shine and damage treatment.  
  • What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
              Foundation. I apply it first for an even toned canvas, then concealer for imperfections.
  • Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
             Yup, I always do. I've always wanted to enroll on a makeup school. But I know, I won't be allowed because I still have to take up Master's Degree in Psychology.
  • What do you love about makeup?
             I love how makeup can enhance my face, make me look like alive and fresh. It boosts my confidence at many times.

       So, yeah. That's it guys. I tried not make this very lengthy because I know that reading is tiring. I tag of all of you. If you do this, please send me your link so I can read it too. Thanks for reading. Have a great day. Talk to you soon. XOXO :)







You May Also Like

0 Comments